RIII Milky Windshield

@TURBO200R4
I'm in sunny Brisvegas (Brisbane) Australia.

I should not have any issues getting the bike running again, the problem is fully diagnosed and I do not expect any surprises, it is just my health that is preventing me from getting the job done.

@TURBO200R4
I'm in sunny Brisvegas (Brisbane) Australia.

I should not have any issues getting the bike running again, the problem is fully diagnosed and I do not expect any surprises, it is just my health that is preventing me from getting the job done.

That is what I like confidense
But if you need something just give us a shout

@Ishrub
Thanks, I may well take you up on that offer, if I am unable to sort the screen with some polish etc...

I do like the idea of a screen with the 'flip' on it. The stock screen suffers from a little head buffeting at speed. The buffeting was not as bad when I had the rubber edge protector fitted, but that parted company after a collision with a cockatoo on my return from the Daintree ... lol

I stopped and searched for the edge protector, but I was unable to find it in the long grass by the side of the road :(

Finding a replacement edge protector is on the to-do list, I just haven't got there yet, too may other things on the list ... lol

There are cheap knockoff Chinese copies of well engineered adjustable stainless screen top lips.

They are great quality and I have a few new ones in the shed too.
Cost about Au$35 a pop from memory.

The other one I have one my own BIG Roadster screen is a USA sourced Memphis Shades one. I got their side ones too and this is stable up to 195 kmh tested.
1665707772688.jpeg

Here is a much cheaper Chinese version.

@Ishrub
Thanks, I may well take you up on that offer, if I am unable to sort the screen with some polish etc...

I do like the idea of a screen with the 'flip' on it. The stock screen suffers from a little head buffeting at speed. The buffeting was not as bad when I had the rubber edge protector fitted, but that parted company after a collision with a cockatoo on my return from the Daintree ... lol

I stopped and searched for the edge protector, but I was unable to find it in the long grass by the side of the road :(

Finding a replacement edge protector is on the to-do list, I just haven't got there yet, too may other things on the list ... lol
I'm wondering if putting some heat on it, like the do on faded plastic coloured chairs that brings them up new again 🤔 ...just a thought.

GDay All,

I have a 2005 Rocket III (bought new) with an original Triumph Accessory Windshield fitted.

The bike has been sitting idle for the last 7 years or so (been too ill to ride it) and on recent inspection I noticed that parts of the windshield had gone milky white instead of clear.

I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this or does anyone have any ideas on how I should handle this issue?

Any help/advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Andy M
Check out Windvest screens. 🇦🇺

Back