RIII Milky Windshield

trumpy81

Standard Bore
Ride
2005 Rocket III, 1965/72 Bobber, 1976 Bonneville
GDay All,

I have a 2005 Rocket III (bought new) with an original Triumph Accessory Windshield fitted.

The bike has been sitting idle for the last 7 years or so (been too ill to ride it) and on recent inspection I noticed that parts of the windshield had gone milky white instead of clear.

I am wondering if anyone else has encountered this or does anyone have any ideas on how I should handle this issue?

Any help/advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Andy M

@TURBO200R4
At the moment it is not running. It needs a fuel pump and probably injectors, unless I can clean them well enough. I did start it and run it on a regular basis until the battery carked it. After fitting a new battery, the pump failed to run and it has not run since then, about 2 years now.

I do have a new pump waiting to be fitted, just gotta get well enough to get downstairs and put it in.

@Sparky59
Thanks. Sounds like I will fit right in ... lol

@Ishrub
Thanks I was hoping that there may be something like that out there and I will look into that further.

As far as I could see, there was no star glazing, just the milky white colour, so fingers crossed, it might buff out ... lol

Where are you at?
There are rocket brothers all over the world that is willing to help u out.
And with the information on this rocket site should be up and running soon.
Good luck
Herman

Back