Windshield scratch repair

Eric R.

Supercharged
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
Well, I finally got my first real scratch on my Clearview windshield. I’ve been looking a bit for any products out there that may remove it. Does anyone have any experience with a product that will work to clean up my scratch? I was reading up on this stuff called Novus. It is a three part polish that has some good reviews. I’m not sure if anything will work on my Clearview that won’t damage the coating.
Thanks for any tips, Eric

Well, I finally got my first real scratch on my Clearview windshield. I’ve been looking a bit for any products out there that may remove it. Does anyone have any experience with a product that will work to clean up my scratch? I was reading up on this stuff called Novus. It is a three part polish that has some good reviews. I’m not sure if anything will work on my Clearview that won’t damage the coating.
Thanks for any tips, Eric

Send Clearview an email, they are a bit slow to respond but I’m sure they’ll get back to you.

I have used #800 to #1200 sandpaper to remove the defect and then polish it up with some McGuire fine cut #2 or Griot's Complete Compound.

Pretty much all scratch remover polishes are abrasives. And imo polishing will result in a visible "area" rather than a simple scratch. I would just leave it alone.

I’m waiting to hear what Clearview suggests. If I wasn’t so anal, my life would be easier.

Most aftermarket windshields do not have a scratch coating on them. If it has a scratch coating you are wasting your time trying to fix it. If is not terribly bad just ignore it.

You might go to a car plasti dip shop and see if they can cover the whole shield with a clear coat sheet. Like they do in expensive cars noses. If they do it with a shade it will hide it more.

Back