Looking for a windshield for my 2012 roadster.

Msmitch459

msmitch459
Ride
2015 Roadster
Hello,
This is part vent and part question.
Am I the only one having difficulty finding the roadster wind screen? P/N A9748036. I've placed orders online for this and the front end fixing kit from Hermys Triumph E store and after a week they canceled it saying these parts has been discontinued. I've contacted 2wheepros and crosscountrycycle. They said these are on back order and there's no telling for how long. I've contacted triumph motorcycle after sales and after a few emails they said...
"Unfortunately there is no newer version. The factory has simply stopped having them produced. I am sure you could find them on ebay or similar sites but they are no longer available through Triumph.
-Brad"
eBay has none.
I call my local dealership and they don't have any and they had no idea when or if they would be in. They did look these parts up and gave me a place in GA, FL, & AZ. I called but had no luck.
Are these still for sale?????
So, I went to Triumph motorcycle and clicked on a 2018 rocket 3 roadster and clicked configure. There she is Roadster screen, P/N A9748036.

Now, I can buy the front end fixing kit for $90 from triumph but no windshield. What the heck is going on?????
I'm so confused. any insight would be appreciated.

Steve

Hello,
This is part vent and part question.
Am I the only one having difficulty finding the roadster wind screen? P/N A9748036. I've placed orders online for this and the front end fixing kit from Hermys Triumph E store and after a week they canceled it saying these parts has been discontinued. I've contacted 2wheepros and crosscountrycycle. They said these are on back order and there's no telling for how long. I've contacted triumph motorcycle after sales and after a few emails they said...
"Unfortunately there is no newer version. The factory has simply stopped having them produced. I am sure you could find them on ebay or similar sites but they are no longer available through Triumph.
-Brad"
eBay has none.
I call my local dealership and they don't have any and they had no idea when or if they would be in. They did look these parts up and gave me a place in GA, FL, & AZ. I called but had no luck.
Are these still for sale?????
So, I went to Triumph motorcycle and clicked on a 2018 rocket 3 roadster and clicked configure. There she is Roadster screen, P/N A9748036.

Now, I can buy the front end fixing kit for $90 from triumph but no windshield. What the heck is going on?????
I'm so confused. any insight would be appreciated.

Steve

Not a problema.
Get the fixing kit then go to 7Jurrock:
7JuRock - TRIUMPH ROCKET III ROADSTER AND CLASSIC (DUAL HEADLIGHT) REPLACEMENT WINDSHIELD

You have to have the straps for 90% of aftermarket screens... 7JuRock included.

Fixing kit no include the fork straps?
If so, I was unaware.
Glad I got it all at my new R3R purchase in 2012.
I have ran them all and the 7Jurock is a good shield and better than both the OEM and Clearwater.

Fixing kit no include the fork straps?
If so, I was unaware.
Glad I got it all at my new R3R purchase in 2012.
I have ran them all and the 7Jurock is a good shield and better than both the OEM and Clearwater.

The fixing kit is only the clamps and the nuts/bolts.

Other than that, all the chrome bits are needed from a stock screen to use an aftermarket screen.

Yes, I know. I've been looking everywhere. I can buy the plastic wind screen with holes all over the place but not with the chrome brackets that hold it in place.

Yes, I know. I've been looking everywhere. I can buy the plastic wind screen with holes all over the place but not with the chrome brackets that hold it in place.
if what you need are the forks clamps to hold the windshield I have a set sitting on a shelf

I've emailed National Cycles twice. Last Tuesday and again Friday. They have not responded. I've emailed motorcycle scrap yard. They have atleast gotten back to me with an "I'm sorry but no".
I'm currently waiting to hear back from progressive, my insurance company, on where they sent my 09 rocket. I want to see if anything from the windshield is salvageable.

Steve

if what you need are the forks clamps to hold the windshield I have a set sitting on a shelf

I do still need the "front end fixing kit". These are the 4 brackets that mount on the forks.
Are they in good shape? Can I assume you're willing to sell them? How much?
I can still buy these new from triumph.
What I really need are the brackets that actually mounts to the plastic wind screen and the front fixing kit. To get it I'll buy the roadster windshield. I just can't find it.

Steve

Back