Reusable hi-flo air filters for 2.5s

Normally if you change just the exhaust or air filter, you are ok.
If you change both, you will need a tune to keep a safe A/F ratio.

I have a DNA air filter on my GT...just fitted it and rode. Triumphs have a 15% tolerance in the tune unlike most other Brands of bikes so adding a different air cleaner wont affect the tune. I have the penner tune as well as a different exhaust system and the bike runs fine. After the tune and exhaust were installed i had it on the dyno and my AFR was almost spot on the line. Very pleased to see that.
Problem is in the fitting of the filter!...if you want to learn new swear words, do it yourself!

I have a DNA air filter on my GT...just fitted it and rode. Triumphs have a 15% tolerance in the tune unlike most other Brands of bikes so adding a different air cleaner wont affect the tune. I have the penner tune as well as a different exhaust system and the bike runs fine. After the tune and exhaust were installed i had it on the dyno and my AFR was almost spot on the line. Very pleased to see that.
Problem is in the fitting of the filter!...if you want to learn new swear words, do it yourself!

That is exactly what I was hoping to hear- and first hand experience. Thanks, @Tal.

What's the issue with the fit? You mean just getting the box on/off the hanger (not having to do with the filter itself)? That IS fiddly!

That is exactly what I was hoping to hear- and first hand experience. Thanks, @Tal.

What's the issue with the fit? You mean just getting the box on/off the hanger (not having to do with the filter itself)? That IS fiddly!
oh that is really good news, I might change my air filter too as I have a testimony

is this Sprint filter better than DNA?

can someone chime in?

Its quite fiddly?..if thats the right word?...getting the filter out.
If i was doing it again i would do the following.
Get the bike up on a lift so the filter is easy to work on. I would remove the fuel tank cos it makes things a whole lot easier to access the filter housing. This isnt straight forward as you have a fuel line connector to undo..the breather pipe on the front right shoulder needs to have attention paid to where its gonna go back to...there is an electrical plug under the tank, on top of the motor which needs to unplug.
To get at the fuel line connector, remove the side panel that has the oil filler cap on it...its alot easier to get at that 'squeeze and remove' fuel connector...p.s. dont break this coupling like i did!..the replacement comes with fuel line and banjo fitting and aint cheap!....
Once all this is done you can start on getting the air cleaner out...pay attention to screws etc and maybe take photo's so you can refer back when putting it all back together.
The housing for the air cleaner has wee hooks at the back which when you get the housing out, will help explain why you took the tank off.
Now, when the tank goes back on, make sure the breather pipe goes back where it came out of...its a bit tight but doable.
Good luck..its satisfying when youre done.

Its quite fiddly?..if thats the right word?...getting the filter out.
If i was doing it again i would do the following.
Get the bike up on a lift so the filter is easy to work on. I would remove the fuel tank cos it makes things a whole lot easier to access the filter housing. This isnt straight forward as you have a fuel line connector to undo..the breather pipe on the front right shoulder needs to have attention paid to where its gonna go back to...there is an electrical plug under the tank, on top of the motor which needs to unplug.
To get at the fuel line connector, remove the side panel that has the oil filler cap on it...its alot easier to get at that 'squeeze and remove' fuel connector...p.s. dont break this coupling like i did!..the replacement comes with fuel line and banjo fitting and aint cheap!....
Once all this is done you can start on getting the air cleaner out...pay attention to screws etc and maybe take photo's so you can refer back when putting it all back together.
The housing for the air cleaner has wee hooks at the back which when you get the housing out, will help explain why you took the tank off.
Now, when the tank goes back on, make sure the breather pipe goes back where it came out of...its a bit tight but doable.
Good luck..its satisfying when youre done.
Oh, I've already done it. I was just asking if for you getting the darn housing off the hooks wasn't one of the more challenging (fiddly) parts. Yeah, the whole deal though is a royal PIA. As you said, careful with that fuel line connection- you definitely need fuel connector pliers to gently squeeze the connector as you lift it off the fuel rail. A small gas spill will follow... Not nearly as easy as working on the 2.3s

Last edited:
Oh, I've already done it. I was just asking if for you getting the darn housing off the hooks wasn't one of the more challenging (fiddly) parts. Yeah, the whole deal though is a royal PIA. As you said, careful with that fuel line connection- you definitely need fuel connector pliers to gently squeeze the connector as you lift it off the fuel rail. A small gas spill will follow... Nothing like the 2.3s
I thought you had...it may help others who havnt yet had a go at this because of the wee gremlins in there waiting to bite us mere wannabe mechanics in the butt...yes that fuel line to the tank is all the fuel that will come down as it must have a shut off gismo in there...its an interesting chore for sure..

... like K&N's. First I've seen of these. Something I'll consider.
51Lu06BF0NL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

I plan on getting this after my first service. I put one on my hayabusa and it is AWESOME. usually 25-29% more airflow over oem. Bonus: Meaning the engine sound gets even meaner lol

I plan on getting this after my first service. I put one on my hayabusa and it is AWESOME. usually 25-29% more airflow over oem. Bonus: Meaning the engine sound gets even meaner lol
i am doing it soon, i got the filter shipped and received.

Back