Reusable hi-flo air filters for 2.5s

... like K&N's. First I've seen of these. Something I'll consider.
51Lu06BF0NL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

I just recently installed this on my 2022 Rocket 3 GT......not enough time to judge, yet......BUT I also have this (plus free flow exhaust) on my Kawasaki Vulcan and the performance difference is just unreal, like riding a different bike.....also fuel consumption has improved by about 12%.......NO downside at all

As described by all above, the DNA filter is good. I use them heaps, in the 2.5 rocket they are annoying to fit. After the first one it is easier. About as much fun as squirting tabasco in your eye. I did one a while back with a Verex muffler and got 176hp at the wheel. Most of the stock ones I've measured did 130-133hp. I tuned the bike well but only took the rpm to 7300. Going to 7600 would have cracked 180.

I hope it is ok to revisit an older thread. I just put on some Vandemon pipes and I am going for a remap/tune. Should I keep my stock air filter or go with something different like these?
Sprint Filter P08 Triumph Rocket 3 GT/GT221 and R/R221(19-22)
$125
Sprint Filter P08 F1-85 Triumph Rocket 3 GT/GT221 and R/R221(19-22)
$300
DNA Triumph Rocket 3 Air Filter (2019+)
$130

Thanks!
I am having really good time with DNA filter. Made in Greece, make sure to get rid of oxygen sensor though

I am having really good time with DNA filter. Made in Greece, make sure to get rid of oxygen sensor though
Oh, oh, this is the first I’ve heard of an ox sens delete. Just plug the hole & stash the sensor?

Oh, oh, this is the first I’ve heard of an ox sens delete. Just plug the hole & stash the sensor?
just disconnect after you remove the plastic panel on right side, and then of course disable it in penner tune as well (and reflash of course lol)

Last edited:
Looks like stock O2 sensor is a narrowband.

There is no meaningful adaptation occuring to compensate for more air flow. At best, only the archaic long term trims based on part throttle use and a model of fueling required (when equipped with the restrictive stock filter).

Sprint are less than ideal, stick to K&N or DNA if you want air that's actually filtered. Sprint race line filters can flow the most, at the expense of the largest particle size filtering (regardless of their marketing). There are so many pictures of sportbike guys using them that had dirt/crud in the air box using a Sprint I won't bother linking. It's trivial to find.

Is a retune mandatory? No, not entirely necessary to simple ride the bike.
Should a retune with O2 disabled be done? Yes, absolutely because the fueling will be incorrect without fail after swapping.

Running and running right are not the same. The bike will run with a rubbish tune but it won't be right.

Last edited:
Not being judgemental, as I ran K&N on my Roadster the entire time, although partly out of "necessity," cause removing and reinstalling that air snorkel system would have been a royal PIA every time I needed access under the tank. Then, later with Lush components and a modified exhaust the need for more air was legit.

With the stock 3R I'm sticking with stock filters as they simply filter out more crap. That means somewhat less air in, but as @Claviger is saying (I think) simply adding more air isn't going to give you any edge in performance and will require a new tune.

I'm happy with @Penner 's tune on the otherwise stock setup and the stock, overly-priced, filters.

Looks like stock O2 sensor is a narrowband.

There is no meaningful adaptation occuring to compensate for more air flow. At best, only the archaic long term trims based on part throttle use and a model of fueling required (when equipped with the restrictive stock filter).

Sprint are less than ideal, stick to K&N or DNA if you want air that's actually filtered. Sprint race line filters can flow the most, at the expense of the largest particle size filtering (regardless of their marketing). There are so many pictures of sportbike guys using them that had dirt/crud in the air box using a Sprint I won't bother linking. It's trivial to find.

Is a retune mandatory? No, not entirely necessary to simple ride the bike.
Should a retune with O2 disabled be done? Yes, absolutely because the fueling will be incorrect without fail after swapping.

Running and running right are not the same. The bike will run with a rubbish tune but it won't be right.
Mr Penner said its not necessary to tune after disabling/deleting o2 sensor

Back