Older TuneEdit version

Hiatus

Standard Bore
Ride
2014 R3R
First a huge thanks to everyone on this forum! Alot of baconsavers! Would anyone have an older version of tuneedit that I could open my carpenter .dat tune with so I can read the fuel tables? The new version of tuneedit will not and I would like to copy the fuel tables.

You have a roadster and if it has a carpenter map in it it is the newer tune boy software. Tune boy has done some heavy computer guru security work so the tune is specific to the ecu. You would need speciffic tune edit software tied to the tune and the ecu to open the map. I would also suspect since yours is a 2014 roadster it has the multi trim map in it.

You have a roadster and if it has a carpenter map in it it is the newer tune boy software. Tune boy has done some heavy computer guru security work so the tune is specific to the ecu. You would need speciffic tune edit software tied to the tune and the ecu to open the map. I would also suspect since yours is a 2014 roadster it has the multi trim map in it.

I just got the tuneboy a few days ago but I asked Carpenter for a good base file for my setup and they sent one over. So I installed the software and tried to read the map which didnt happen. Doh! So I contacted Wayne and asked him if he could provide either a version to read the tune so I could manually edit tables to match or convert the Carpenter.dat for me so I could just load it. Well he sent me a map that he said would work for my setup. Not even close. It was a generic (I guess all base maps are) tune for aftermarket exhausts. I loaded it up and took it for a test run. I am paranoid enough to have a wideband afr gauge installed (LC-2) to keep an eye on things and it paid off in spades. The tune was so lean (16.5 to 18) I can only imagine what it may have done if I really gave it the berries. I want to give @Claviger a big thanks for kindly sending me his map a few days ago. I just got back from a run with it and while a little lean in some areas when on the gas the cruising zones are spot on. Funny enough, that is exactly what he told me when he sent it over ;). So I just want to read the fuel maps in the carpenter base tune to give me some reference points. Sigh I never thought it would be so **** complicated.:banghead:

I can send over the older software when I get home, it'll let you see their values, I'll attach the base tune from Carp as well for the LIVE software, in case you want to start from scratch.

If you do, be aware, the base tune they use needs significant L table work as well as F table.

I can send over the older software when I get home, it'll let you see their values, I'll attach the base tune from Carp as well for the LIVE software, in case you want to start from scratch.

If you do, be aware, the base tune they use needs significant L table work as well as F table.
Awesome man! I do appreciate it. I just want to check out their numbers. FOR SCIENCE!!

I'm interested in the wideband afr gauge. Can you give some info on that please?
Im using the innovate LC2 and their DB digital gauge. there is a bit of soldering but its pretty straight forward. I power them with an eastern beaver pc-8 and I bought a plug to snap directly into the old emissions wiring for switched power.

I do like the LC-2, response rate is very fast, warm up cycle is adaptive unlike the Power Commander version which always takes the same time hot or cold. LC-2 also happens to be super easy and quick to calibrate in free air.

Between the PC AT module, LC-2, and LM-2, the LM-2 is the best of the three but the LC-2 is great for its cost/size trade off.

Back