Version 2 of theHansO AFR Map now available

Just topped off my gas tank for the first time since putting this map in.... 66.5 miles and 2.99 gallons of gas.... so 22 miles per gallon.... I hope my speedometer is way off...:eek:
What were you doing ...... you won't get good economy with the front wheel in the air or laying blackies :D

Yeah, I know.... so I am going to try really hard to ride like a responsible member of society and not as I normally do and see if there is any improvement. Though I did not feel like I was riding hard that often to have mileage this low. I'm not complaining really, just gives me a greater want to have two maps in the PCV, one for the way I like to ride, and one for the way I should ride.... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I know.... so I am going to try really hard to ride like a responsible member of society and not as I normally do and see if there is any improvement. Though I did not feel like I was riding hard that often to have mileage this low. I'm not complaining really, just gives me a greater want to have two maps in the PCV, one for the way I like to ride, and one for the way I should ride.... :rolleyes:
or you can accept that like Me, ..... You are a Hoon most of the time and then get a surprise if you have nice casual trip with only a little bit of hooning then get good fuel usage
But at the End of the Day I never bought the Rocket to be frugal with fuel .... I Bought cos I am a POWER HEAD:rolleyes: and my Rocket Ticks that Box:D:cool::cool:

just gives me a greater want to have two maps in the PCV, one for the way I like to ride, and one for the way I should ride.... :rolleyes:
Dead easy - the facility is there in the PCV to do so. Also - try using the map/gear facility.

Points to ponder.

A stock Triumph has two sets of fuel tables. Fuel and Load.

Fitting a PCV effectively nullifies differences in these tables. It does not know which one you're in so tries to even it all out. Hence the F->L switch value modification in the ECU.

I know I ride differently in each gear. A PCV let's you have a different fuel map for each gear. This is a plus over Triumph. A PCV lets you have two sets of maps.

Thus you can have two sets of maps (i.e 10 maps in total) - 5 Autotune (1 per gear) and 5 NOT.

You could (for example) fit a richer map into the NON-A/T part of the PCV and switch it in for "silly moments". Leave the A/T leaner for cruising.

I run Hanso V2 in 1-4 and the original leaner tune in top. Always Autotune.

or you can accept that like Me, ..... You are a Hoon most of the time and then get a surprise if you have nice casual trip with only a little bit of hooning then get good fuel usage
But at the End of the Day I never bought the Rocket to be frugal with fuel .... I Bought cos I am a POWER HEAD:rolleyes: and my Rocket Ticks that Box:D:cool::cool:
I really don't pay attention to the fuel economy or lack there of the rocket, it only becomes an issue when riding with a large group and having to stop for fuel twice as often as everyone else. Other then that... gas mileage be ****ed, I wanna go fast.

Dead easy - the facility is there in the PCV to do so. Also - try using the map/gear facility.

Points to ponder.

A stock Triumph has two sets of fuel tables. Fuel and Load.

Fitting a PCV effectively nullifies differences in these tables. It does not know which one you're in so tries to even it all out. Hence the F->L switch value modification in the ECU.

I know I ride differently in each gear. A PCV let's you have a different fuel map for each gear. This is a plus over Triumph. A PCV lets you have two sets of maps.

Thus you can have two sets of maps (i.e 10 maps in total) - 5 Autotune (1 per gear) and 5 NOT.

You could (for example) fit a richer map into the NON-A/T part of the PCV and switch it in for "silly moments". Leave the A/T leaner for cruising.

I run Hanso V2 in 1-4 and the original leaner tune in top. Always Autotune.

This is what I want to learn to do, For the most part I would love to hop-up first and second gear.... perhaps third as well... And then tone down fourth and fifth. I am more of a light to light racer. First and second gear 0-80mph as fast as possible...
So I need to do some learning and figure out how to do what you are talking about. For me that would be the perfect set up....

Have you connected the additional wire from the PCV to the Crank Sensor wire (behind the left side triangular plastic filler plate - between engine and side panel)?

If not - this is step 1 - it's covered in the PCV manual.

I'm happy to send you my map - but it may not work in Aussie PCV's.

Hanso's map would not load into mine - so I had to basically copy/paste the AFR tables into the zero map mine came with. Mine is a US bought model.

My riding is generally smooth but at a guess overall faster than many (Not often <ahem> legal and closer to Sport Tourer style than cruiser) - mainly lightly traffic'd country roads or highways where I cruise a fair amount up near 90mph (80-100 pretty much always). I also deliberately use the secondary butterflies to help running in heavy traffic in 1st & 2nd.

Chris

Have you connected the additional wire from the PCV to the Crank Sensor wire (behind the left side triangular plastic filler plate - between engine and side panel)?

If not - this is step 1 - it's covered in the PCV manual.

I'm happy to send you my map - but it may not work in Aussie PCV's.

Hanso's map would not load into mine - so I had to basically copy/paste the AFR tables into the zero map mine came with. Mine is a US bought model.

My riding is generally smooth but at a guess overall faster than many (Not often <ahem> legal and closer to Sport Tourer style than cruiser) - mainly lightly traffic'd country roads or highways where I cruise a fair amount up near 90mph (80-100 pretty much always). I also deliberately use the secondary butterflies to help running in heavy traffic in 1st & 2nd.

Chris
Chris mine and almost all Aussie PCV are the same model (#21-003) as the USA UK and I imagine most other countries spec and share the same model number, one of the Aussies is tuning a speed triple PCV and has different map and model numbers, out of interest what model number is your PCV as you might also have a speed triple or other model triumph triple PCV apparently they are interchangeable just the Rocket model has a 7,000 rpm ceiling and uses different prefix on the maps

Chris mine and almost all Aussie PCV are the same model (#21-003) as the USA UK and I imagine most other countries spec and share the same model number, one of the Aussies is tuning a speed triple PCV and has different map and model numbers, out of interest what model number is your PCV as you might also have a speed triple or other model triumph triple PCV apparently they are interchangeable just the Rocket model has a 7,000 rpm ceiling and uses different prefix on the maps
Mine is a 100% bonafide R3 device. BUT when I tried to upload the first map you sent me into the PCV - I got an error saying it was not able to import and the versions differed - maybe it's just firmware difference.

But I've a mate in the UK who's a DYNO expert and he tells me he's seen this when they try to load maps that came with EU (UK is EU - much though they may not like it) PCV's into grey import (from US) PCV's. It would not surprise me if this is how they enable their foreign distributors to identify grey imports.

Chris

PS - Curt - maps are on their way.

con-fused

with-together. Together with not having computer tuned a motorcycle and trying to play ketchup with all the abbreviations I'd say I'm catching a small whiff of what you all are up to on this thread. My 2006 R3 feels weaker than I know it could be and want more response from the throttle. So far I removed the secondaries and put on 3 K&Ns. The bike ran better with no filter on the throttle bodies but I understand the need for protection. The exhaust smells rich now, so I know there are things I have to do like re-map. any suggestions on what else to do next?

with-together. Together with not having computer tuned a motorcycle and trying to play ketchup with all the abbreviations I'd say I'm catching a small whiff of what you all are up to on this thread. My 2006 R3 feels weaker than I know it could be and want more response from the throttle. So far I removed the secondaries and put on 3 K&Ns. The bike ran better with no filter on the throttle bodies but I understand the need for protection. The exhaust smells rich now, so I know there are things I have to do like re-map. any suggestions on what else to do next?
What exhaust? - pointless letting more air/fuel in if it cant escape. I have a more open set of pipes and even so the PCV is trimming back.

iirc it was Wayne Tripp who explained how big a difference there are between individual injectors. Some pump in more than others too. Unless you have some way of monitoring AFR values - proceed with caution.

Back