Version 2 of theHansO AFR Map now available

HansO

Not Taking Life Too Seriously
Ride
08 Rocket III R.I.P now TEX Triumph Explorer
Hi Guys
anybody that aleady been using my original map and would like to try My new version of the HansO.AFR.Map for PCV + AT you should still have my e-mail adress, any new PCV +AT user out are welcome to get in touch with me.:)
The new map is a tad richer so should give better power, it has in my bike on several occasions while geting into it the front has started to lift as I have shift in to second and I am happy to say economy is still good, but remember you don't get economy going around Fanging it all the time:rolleyes:
Cheers
Hans

Hey hanso, quick question. If I use say, TuneEcu, and change the AFR, or ign timing, etc. "BUT" leave the O2 sensor active, the way I understand it, the ECU will eventually bring things back to the way it thinks things should be, right? However, I don't think it has the ability to change the settings for the secondary throttle by itself right?:confused:

The new map is a tad richer so should give better power, it has in my bike on several occasions while geting into it the front has started to lift as I have shift in to second and I am happy to say economy is still good, but remember you don't get economy going around Fanging it all the time:rolleyes:
Cheers
Hans
How much is an Aussie "tad"? - I really must attach a PC to the PCV this week.

Hanso...should have 200 miles on the new map in a day or so and will send screen shots

Hey hanso, quick question. If I use say, TuneEcu, and change the AFR, or ign timing, etc. "BUT" leave the O2 sensor active, the way I understand it, the ECU will eventually bring things back to the way it thinks things should be, right? However, I don't think it has the ability to change the settings for the secondary throttle by itself right?:confused:
yeah it is going to lean of the low throttle region which is monitored by the O2 sensor but the sensor only monitors the fueling so no changes are made it will just cause to lean of and possiblly cause it have rought spot you can alleviate to a degree by changeing the F/L switch point in the last 5 boxes to a setting of 3% which will switch the fueling earler from the L tables (which are controled by the O2 sensor) over to the F tables this is what was explained to me by those that know a lot more than me when I was getting my head around going from carbies to EFI, hope this helps:)

How much is an Aussie "tad"? - I really must attach a PC to the PCV this week.
:D "A tad is about the same as a touch" :D
I have simply richened up the regions which I felt were a little lean to reduce header pipe heat and give a little better responce most areas I changed were only .3 AFR say from 14.5 to 14.2 funny I was already testing this with my own bike and then a couple of volanteers when Neville Lush came on to the other thread and Gave us All some great tech advice so I knew I was on the right track.
As I feel the need to make any further changes I will make available to those that want to use it
Cheers
Hans

Hanso...should have 200 miles on the new map in a day or so and will send screen shots
Look forward to seeing them to see how different the Roadster is to the STD hopefuly it will be similar as I have found much better trimmings on my bike

Please keep in mind that my AFR table tune can be created by anyone themselves but just stick with in the Safe zones of the AFR which are 12.5 (rich) and 14.5 (lean) and also a a PCV +AT will never replace a Super Tune done on a Dyno by the likes of Neville Lush, Wayne Tripp or Bob Carpenter and I am sure there are a few others that I do not know of as they can tune your bike to a higher level.
In saying that the PCV + AT allows people like amateurs myself included and others that may have played around with tuning and modifying their own bikes the ability to get a better performance out of a EFI bike.
Personally I loved the ol carbies as I used to listen and pick the areas that need to be improve but I have now found you can do this to on EFI it just get a lot more technical with all those tables in TuneECU and would be easier to stuff up but PCV + AT has just one Table to play with and if you have stayed in side the safe zone should be able to make improvements..... if not go back to one of the Dynotech safe tables or send me a PM I am willing to help if I can
Finally if there is any body out there that has made their AFR table I would love to see it to compare and maybe incorporate in my table any improvements over mine, hey isn't why they call this "Trading Tunes" :D

Hans,
Have a few days with this new AFR table in the bike, not sure it was a good idea to upgrade or not. There now seems to be a problem with the bike leaving these long patches of black tire residue at several intersections around town.
This is going to be an expensive upgrade for sure.... :D
Thanks for sharing your work!

Hi Guys
anybody that aleady been using my original map and would like to try My new version of the HansO.AFR.Map for PCV + AT you should still have my e-mail adress, any new PCV +AT user out are welcome to get in touch with me.:)
Cheers
Hans

Hans send me a copy I would like to try it on Gracie

szczepaniak@grics.net
Thanks

Back