Version 2 of theHansO AFR Map now available

I don't touch the Timing except where I have done the same as so many have and that is to copy the 4th gear tables into the first three gears but the speed limiter and the rev limiter can and are usually adjusted

Hmmm...I just thought I'd heard that tweaking the ignition timing can add some significant performance boost. That's why I asked.

About the speed and rev limiters: Are they adjusted by copying the 4th gear tables or are they tweaked separately?

Also, I know the limiters have been removed on the new 2013 model in gears 1-3. Does this make copying the 4th gear tables redundant or does the copying tweak other parameters too?

Thanks again oh mighty R3 gurus!

Hmmm...I just thought I'd heard that tweaking the ignition timing can add some significant performance boost. That's why I asked.

About the speed and rev limiters: Are they adjusted by copying the 4th gear tables or are they tweaked separately?

Also, I know the limiters have been removed on the new 2013 model in gears 1-3. Does this make copying the 4th gear tables redundant or does the copying tweak other parameters too?

Thanks again oh mighty R3 gurus!
I wouldn't touch the timing advance unless you had a dyno guy doing it and carefully at that on a Dyno so you can properly measure any changes

I have no idea about the new ones will have to wait and see what they actually did I doubt they removed the secondaries which will mean you will still not get the instant response we get by removing them

OK...gotcha. I'll be removing the secondaries anyway but I'll get with you guys when ready. Thanks again for the great support!
just hurry up and buy one or you will have worn it out before you get to ride it :D:D:D come on no excuses I couldn't afford one but just had to have one so I just went and got a personal loan...... I'll own it in another 4 years

Hmmm. So, how does the mapping work if using both. How can the bike's ECU use two different maps from two different sources?
Simply - It can't.

The Bikes ECU sees what is in it. This sends signals to the fuel injectors - which the PCV intercepts and changes to what you've set in the PCV.

Ah...so the map will be from TuneECU and PC5 just intercepts the A/F ratios and adjusts them before heading into the bike's ECU.
No the TuneECU alters the Map in the ECU the bikes sensors send messages to the ECU it works out what it think is needed and sends the signals to the injectors but this signal is intercepted by the PCV and changed to what it thinks is needed according to its map or AFR Table if using a Auto Tune (the AT send signals directly to the PCV telling it what O2 levels are and signals are adjusted accordingly)

Just topped off my gas tank for the first time since putting this map in.... 66.5 miles and 2.99 gallons of gas.... so 22 miles per gallon.... I hope my speedometer is way off...:eek:

Back