NicoCorea

Standard Bore
The standard R3 tunes have 4 ignition tables named I1, I2, I3, and I4 and I understand what each one is for--I1 is for neutral, I2 is for first gear, I3 is for second gear and I4 is for gears 3 - 5. Now the R3T tunes also have 4 ignition tables, but they're named I1, I2, I(TP), and I(MAP). Does anyone know what these tables are for?

It seems no one here has any input. So in the meantime, I sent an email to Wayne (TuneBoy himself) and asked him the question. He responded within a few hours. Below is the entire exchange.

My question:

Wayne:

I read the TuneEdit manual and made posts on some of the forums, but I could not find an answer to this question:

The standard R3 tunes have 4 ignition tables named I1, I2, I3, and I4 and I understand from one of the forums what each one is for--I1 is for neutral, I2 is for first gear, I3 is for second gear and I4 is for gears 3 - 5. Is that true?

Now the R3T tunes also have 4 ignition tables, but they're named I1, I2, I(TP), and I(MAP). Can you explain what these tables are for?

Thanks,

Nico

His response:

Hi

On the R3T the I(TP) is used when the ECU is using the F1,2,3 tables.
I(MAP) is used when the ECU is using the L1,2,3 tables

I have not worked out when the other tables are used.

Thanks

Wayne

PS. the info on the normal R3 maps is correct.

It is disappointing that you should see 8 days pass before you see a response. currently the goal is to beat a 2:20 hour response time.

If I had to cough up an annual renewal to TB for an upgraded and refined product Id do it. But at this time Im strongly leaning towards Linux :D

Last edited:
Back