Having Problems w/ Latest Version of TB Diagnostics?

Some (including myself) have had problems opening Tuneboy diagnostics after doing the latest download and install from the Tuneboy website. This fix offered by Wayne worked like a charm for me:

Is it Windows XP or Windows Vista ?
If your logon to XP does not have administrator rights then the install will not have worked correctly. If you have Vista then the install will not have worked correctly because Vista runs programs without administrator privilages even if you are in the administrators group.

What you need to do is this.

If you are using Vista.
Download the latest drivers from http://www.tuneboy.com.au/Support/TuneBoyDrivers.zip
Go into device manager on your machine and uninstall the TuneBoy Cable from the ports and USB drivers lists, make sure you select the tick box to delete the drivers from your PC.
Now unplug and plug the cable back in and install the drivers using the new files.
Now, step 2 (Vista)
click on the start orb, then all programs, then accessories.
right click on command prompt and select "Run as administrator"
When the command prompt appears do the following
Change to the tuneboy directory.
CD c:\program files\tuneboy\tuneboy
Now enter the following
regsvr32 tuneboycontrol.dll
a popup will tell you that it is registered
now enter the following
tuneboy /skinname=standard
Step 2 (XP)
logon as administrator.
click on the start , then all programs, then accessories.
click on command prompt
When the command prompt appears do the following
Change to the tuneboy directory.
CD c:\program files\tuneboy\tuneboy
Now enter the following
regsvr32 tuneboycontrol.dll
a popup will tell you that it is registered
now enter the following
tuneboy /skinname=standard
You should now have the TuneBoy dash displayed in front of you.

That is it, now the TuneBoy and TuneEdit icons on the desktop should work correctly and you will not have any blue screen woes (Vista).

I just installed the latest versions of Tunedit and Tuneboy off the Tuneboy site on an XP laptop. I'm using the old driver from my original disk, which is version 3.0. This is the only driver that ever worked for me. I must be doing something wrong. The new Tuneedit (3.7.3) works OK but when I start Tuneboy, it picks up the ECU info, displays the sensor settings, and then crashes. Every time.

I've tried updating the programs before with drivers from the Tuneboy site. This never works. The drivers come in folders for various operating systems. The win2000 xp folder has driver-like files (ftdibus.cat, ftdibus.inf) but no ftdibus.sys, which is what gets installed into the windows system folder. So when I try to update the driver from this folder, windows doesn't find anything better.

The win2000 xp folder also has subfolders: amd64 and i386, which have updatable drive files (ftdibus.sys). I replaced the old driver with both of these but neither connected.

Can someone give me instructions for getting the latest drivers installed on an XP machine?

Thanks.

Back