2011 vs 2012 version of PCV - Any differences? (other than price?)

LDESTRUKTO

.020 Over
Im going to post this more specific question in the tuner section, but researching the pricing they seem to have several of "last years" model available for under $320 USD and they are listed for roadsters from 2008 -2011. The "new model" for 2012 is still around $355 and shows for 2011-2012 Roadsters. Any of you tech Genius's know if anything was actually changed or if I can save around $40 (which would cover the 02 sensor mod) buying the model listed for 2011?

Im new to the forum, and wanting all the info I can get before jumping in and spending too much time or money.

I am not that familiar with the new versions of PCV but the direct number for Dynojet is 800.992.4993 and my experience is they are frank, honest and helpful. FYI - get the Auto Tune feature as it will eliminate any need to install new fuel maps and/or dyno tune the bike after you do a modification. Furthermore, a dyno tune is like taking a polaroid of your fuel system and applying that to all riding conditions and the Auto Tune feature is like taking a live hd quality video of the fuel system in real time and using that to monitor/adjust your AFR's. jm2cw.

Thanks for the info. I kept digging around and got the listed part number from the dynojet website. There were two differnt numbers listed on Amazon searching for "Triumph Rocket III Power Commander V" 21-003 (for 2009-2011) and 22-050 (2012 roadster). Using the drop down menu's on the PCV website it still listed my 2012 as using the 21-003. That works out a LOT better for me because the 21-003 version (prev year) was a LOT cheaper on the base searching even from Amazon and Ebay, about $50 less on average. Amazon $319 and Ebay $299 for the 003 vs $379 and $357 for the 050 respectively. If you have a dyno or a guru close this savings would cover the 02 sensor eliminator.

I dont have easy access (less than 7 hrs nearby) to a guru (Wayne in AL, who I havent tried to get in with yet) and noone in my area with a Dyno that knows anything about Triumphs. So I took the good advice on here and went ahead and decided I would pony up the extra savings toward the Auto Tuner. It seemed to me that would solve most of my preliminary issues before they started. So I went on the hunt to try to find a better deal on that.

$280 from dynojet, $220 Amazon and ebay. Piecing the parts together the cheapest I could find was using a combination of Amazon and Ebay and totalling $520. Problem; I didnt like splitting everything up and having it shipped at different times and if I had any trouble having to send different parts different places. A few places, mostly on Ebay, offered a package deal for around $529, so no better deal that way.

So off to google and the shopping tab on the side. Digging around I was able to shave a few bucks off each and when I found a good price I kept checking for the other part at the same place. After nearly an hour or so of diligence I came upon Indysuperbike.com.

SUCCESS AT LAST!!!!! They had the best price on both items, AND free shipping. Even better they are in Indiana just over the boarder of IL where I was having it shipped. I went ahead and placed the order and cant wait to get home.

Anyone still searching for a PCV with or without Auto Tune, here is the link!
Powercommander V Triumph Rocket 111 - Indysuperbikes

I will know for sure if the kit does indeed work as dynojet says on the website, or if there is something different between the kits. I will post what I find out next week when I get home. Im ordering all this stuff while out of the country so I can jump into the project when I get home.

(sorry all, I know its a wordy explaination, but I thought I would save everyone the trouble of checking everything on their own.)

Hey LDESTRUKTO (what a **** mouthfull) :D
Thanks for your post! I've never heard of Indysuperbikes before. You just saved me $176 bucks !!! I just bought the PCV and AT and was about to go through DynoJet.
Much Grass,
1olbull:bch:

AWESOME!!!!

Now I feel all validated for digging and putting the info out there. Glad you got what you were looking for!

Flip is also sending me the triple filters, crankcase and temp sensor filters, and rain covers. He was also the cheapest BY FAR on the triple filter kit, and had the rain filters in stock in black too!

Great service from him too!!!!

Hey Destructo,
I got my filters and crankcase breather from Flip two days ago. He was a peach to deal with as well. Now what to do about the pipes??? Always been a loud pipe guy; but, I AM liking the quiet of my stockers. I have heard Jardine and they were much quieter than my V-twin. I need to 86 the cat and would prefer a 3 into 1 with a straight through baffle like my Cobras.
Thanks again for the tip,
1olbull
PS: I couldn't find any PCV newer than the 21-003.

Back