New Rocket III Touring tune question

The prices are already on the official Triumph website, FB. $16,999. for the solid color and $17,299 for the two tone. A friend at work told me you might as well just buy a Harley. I laughed and said...yeah if I want to be like 4 out of 5 mcs on the road...not.:eek:

Trouble is, on the street you'll be embarassed by a cheaper, standard Rocket, me included.:D

Wonder if the new bike comes with a recoil starter as a backup?

Tourer

Like Iceman and nelsonto, I'm looking hard at the new machine. Without some needed stats on like mpg, top end one cannot infer the changes to the system to see exactly what has changed since there is no indication that the motor has changed. My dealer has stated that the aftermarket is drooling at the bit as well. We all agree the the HP has to be upped,just what that will entail is the question. I like the added torque but will that go to get to back to 140? My issue is seeing the bike without the bags. It looks like a pipe bracket underneath the things. I'd put the old tank on as well with the old guages and of coarse that original faster red color;). I can handle the rear tire as it will be cheaper to change out:rolleyes:.

Glaring Justice

back to 140? My issue is seeing the bike without the bags. It looks like a pipe bracket underneath the things. I'd put the old tank on as well with the old guages and of coarse that original faster red color;). I can handle the rear tire as it will be cheaper to change out:rolleyes:.

Triumph ought to be mighty thankful for your feedback:D.

Great discussion! though I've not seen the means (the blue-collar description) of how the torque and ponies were achieved. Is this modifiable with a TuneBoy. It not always important to be the bad-ass; but it's comforting to know you are.

Flipper, a Bridgestone Dual-Tread Compound tire will get 10k easy. Though I'll be going with a Zeon 2XS, or something like it just after the first of the year is my estimate.

Last edited:
you may have already seen this but I think Triumph should have done this instead

http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/images/Triumph/Triumph_Rocket_III_GT_2r.JPG

"always a day late and a dollar short"

Now... that's a sexy Rocket!

And for my opinion on the new R3 Tourer:

No, and hell no!

What I like:
1: The lower air deflectors, right from the factory
2: Passenger footboards.
3: Crash bars, included.
4: The new license plate mounting and rear signals.
5: The new gas tank emblems.

What I don't like:
1: Where's the familiar bugeyed dual headlamps?
2: Triple pipes?? Dood...
3: I LIKE my bigass, expensive rear tire, thanks.
4: Gauges belong on the bars, not the tank.
5: Torque = good. Torque at the expense of 34hp = no f***ing way. Did a monkey program the ECU?
6: The bags look like they came right off a H-D.
7: The wheels. Again, they look way too American V-twin (ElectraGlide-esque)
8: The gas tank emblems. Yeah, I'm kinda mixed on that... it's not the traditional and well-known logo, but it is kinda neat-looking.
9: The gas tank. If I wanted a Harley, I'd have bought one.

It really does look like a Harley with a marine diesel! That's not why I bought my R3 Classic... I wanted that sportbike-embarrassing power and the unmistakable Triumph look!

Overall, I think Triumph changed too much. I don't mind change at all, when it doesn't affect the original look and feel of the machine, but this is just too much.

Coming from a Boss Hoss 502 I like the look of the new Tourer but I just cant get past the horsepower issue between the standard Rocket and this one.

You had a bike with 500 HP and your worried about the difference between 120 HP and 140HP?

Back