New Rocket III Touring tune question

Ahhhhhh. Thanks Harry. The penny drops. Since there's already an air filter in place, what's the snorkel supposed to do? Keep any low flying ducks out of the intake?

As I don't really need the full 138hp, I think I'll leave the snorkel alone. Many Vulcan2000 owners replaced the stock Kaw air with a well known 3rd paty kit (me included), along with new pipes and a PCIII. Turns out some of the 3rd party unit seating tolerances were not quite what they should have been, allowing road grime to be sucked in at the inlet connection rather than through the filter. I know of 4 serious engine rebuilds. (not mine)

I'm not really paranoid (apart from the foil on all my windows, and inside my cap), and I know there's not much chance of that happening here, but I'm happy to leave well enough alone now I have the more effective pipes and tune.........................

Pete

The new touring model has different mufflers from all of the other models so it isn't clear that there are any stock Triumph tunes that would be compatible with this model. Of course, Wayne could make a custom tune for it but then you'd have to buy Tuneboy to use it.

I just bought a 2015 R3 touring. Had the shop install the Triumph tors tune, took the bike home and installed TORS mufflers from an 09 Touring and a K&N air filter. Bike runs fine. Very slight burble on deceleration, no popping. Good fuel economy. Did not do a 12 min tune.

Back