Intimitant starting

We would do this in a car if the starter motor was jammed ...possibly because a tooth was missing on the flywheel...you will remember doing this im sure..it worked for years sometimes!!!..you would hear the click as it moved...
We had a jetboat with a Mk2 Zephyr motor in it and one day when we were out fishing ...about 5 miles out...the bastard wouldnt turn over...like a half flat battery so i removed one of the spark plugs and started it on 5 cylinders...then...carefully put the plug back in with the pug spanner. I 'threw' the lead at the plug and tapped it with the wooden handle of a knife!!..It got us going!...Did it a number of times actually!.
Probably miles away from your problem but a good story anyway!!..lol.
Like those stories.... It's amazing the solutions people come up with when they're down and out...

It's also amazing that they're not killed too.... ;)

If u can hear it click u can eliminate the clutch switch/starter button/kickstand switch.
Which leaves
Starter relay and starter solenoid
I would guess that the solenoid is engaging the flywheel but not connecting the bat power to crank the motor.
If u have not done the toyota upgrade then now would be a good time

I´ve been having that glitch for a while. Changed battery, new relays (all of them), new fuses, cleaned and lubed all the switches. complete elec harness checked. clutch and kickstand switches removed. and although it takes less "fiddling" on the start switch it still makes the click click. Before everything described it took about 2 minuts fiddling for it to start. now it only take about 3 times the button pushed to start. So I believe it all comes to the starter solenoid and such.

I´ve been having that glitch for a while. Changed battery, new relays (all of them), new fuses, cleaned and lubed all the switches. complete elec harness checked. clutch and kickstand switches removed. and although it takes less "fiddling" on the start switch it still makes the click click. Before everything described it took about 2 minuts fiddling for it to start. now it only take about 3 times the button pushed to start. So I believe it all comes to the starter solenoid and such.
The problem with mine and several others were the spade terminals inside the socket that the starter cube relay plugs into. If your a bit savvy, you can remove the spades from the socket, clean them up and re-crimp them so they make good connection again. A splash of di-electric grease on them is also a good idea.

The problem with mine and several others were the spade terminals inside the socket that the starter cube relay plugs into. If your a bit savvy, you can remove the spades from the socket, clean them up and re-crimp them so they make good connection again. A splash of di-electric grease on them is also a good idea.

already done that (the mechanic) and still won´t go completely. This dude asked me for a image of the solenoid and the starter, do you have any by chance?

Now that this thread has been picked up again ....
After pulling the wirers out of the relay block and crimping them the problem was instantly solved .... for about two weeks, but now it's back to exactly the same thing again.
I intend to swap the starter motor, but just haven't gotten to do that as yet.
Also I found/was lead to this place so thought to order a kit.

A loose fuse was a cause of the starting problem for me. I ended up putting a little blob of solder on one leg of the fuse to thicken it up a bit, and that did the trick.

There is a bad connection somewhere. Your job, should you choose to accept it, is to find that bad connection and eliminate it.
This tape will self destruct in 10 seconds.

Back