I started looking through my bike for the first time tonight and came across this, does anyone know what this is and what it's for? Clearly not stock.

whatisthis.jpg

Your bike doesn't need that, remove it and send to me I could use one of these.

Lucky sob you better check under the bear claw to see what Air intake system you have and exhaust system to. Better just up load some pictures of the beast.

Lucky sob you better check under the bear claw to see what Air intake system you have and exhaust system to. Better just up load some pictures of the beast.

What is a "bear claw"? A Jardine exhaust system came with the bike. As far as an intake I will have to figure that out.

So what does it do for me and what happens to my bike if this thing decides to die on me? I don't like surprises, I wish I knew about these things before I bought the bike.

Last edited:
So what does it do for me and what happens to my bike if this thing decides to die on me? I don't like surprises, I wish I knew about these things before I bought the bike.
For starters people usually get it when the bike needs tuning
So yours just might have been tuned on a dyno. You'll have to see whats loaded into it. Most tune shop use dyna jet products. If it fails on you it will be as usefull as any other elevtronic divice is when it fails. Which means eams it will be about as useful as a c.u.n.t. full of cold water. My suggestion to you since your messing with that tablet and stumbled on a tuning aid added
You might want to read what tune is actually in each unit before making changes you might regret. My PVC is under the seat where the air filter was my old pc3 was in the side panel like your PVC.

Last edited:
Welcome
Bear claw is the shiny thing on the left side of the tank covering the tb's. With the PCV fitted it may have ramair or pod filters under there instead of the factory filter under the seat

To save time just remove the seat and see if you have a air filter under the seat if not you have an after market one.

And to remove the seat put the key in the right side cover lock and give the seat a whack as turning the key helps me every time.

A Hemi Guy
You've got yourself an after market fuel controller / tuner. Like warp9.9 says you probably have all the goodies you need to have a whole lot of extra fun. Send pics of what's under the bear claw (( the chrome shell along the left side of your gas tank it comes of with just 1 10mm nut to remove )) and exhaust pipes of the engine. That might answer a lot of questions.

To save time just remove the seat and see if you have a air filter under the seat if not you have an after market one.

And to remove the seat put the key in the right side cover lock and give the seat a whack as turning the key helps me every time.
Removing the seat on a R3T requires removing 3 bolts. 1 on either side of the seat at mid point and one at the tail end over the rear fender.

I mounted a Stebil Bad Boy air horn under the swing arm. Use a heavy duty relay to power the horn directly from the battery. It will blow you away! (the cars in the next lane too :D)

Jardines are great for letting the beast roar!

Last edited:
So I learned a lot about my bike today, I got the seat off (lol), raised the gas tank and found another Power Commander Module, this one is the Auto-Tune which is plugged into the PCV. I found two wires on the Auto-Tune module (which goes to the sensor in the exhaust) that were loose and not making contact with the module. Not sure how that might have impacted my bike but I got them re-attached and fastened down tightly. I also figured out how to use the PowerCommander software on my laptop and was able to connect to the PCV and look at settings (no, I didn't make any changes).

I removed the Bear claw and unfortunately I have a stock intake, with everything the previous owner put into this bike I am surprised he didn't swing for an aftermarket intake. Oh well, I guess that will be one of the mod's I get to do, (after the horn).

Lastly a question, with the PCV and the Autotune on the bike, does running a 12 minute tune (learned that one myself) still apply?

Paul.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Back