Hemi_Guy

.020 Over
Ride
2011 Triumph R3 Touring
Hey all,

Now that I have my R3T home, I could use help with the following:
  • A blank Triumph key (dealer only had one key).
  • An owners manual (dealer didn't have it).
  • Other typical newbie questions such as:
    • Oil / filter recommendations
    • Fuel Octane - Do these engines have any preferences or run better on a given octane?
I do have one disappointment, the horn. I'm sorry, but the horn on my R3T does not match the personality of the rest of the bike. The horn needs to command attention like the bike does, it needs to sound like it means business, not like it's asking for permission. Any thoughts on replacements?

Thank you,

Paul.

Good deal Paul! Photos??? Do some searches and you'll find a ton of current info. That said, I am on the road but others will be around to fill in the gaps. Octane wise, the beast will run well on 87, however, some of us, depending on where you live, prefer a higher octane based on fuel quality
-MIG

Hey Paul welcome. Nice to have another R3T guy here.

Here is a link for the manual. Triumph Rocket III Service Manual T3851580 Online from Pure-Triumph.com

Octane 87 is what I run and have no issues.

Oil, well that is going to get some comments. We all have our favorites. I am an AMSOil guy myself. I normally run a K&N filter.

Key.........probably going to have to come from a dealer.

Horn........totally agree Important information about shipping and prices contained on Purchases page, please read....... All Prices listed and processed in U.S. Dollars - Fast eddy Sports

eBay for a key blank that your locksmith or other key service can cut....
rocket 3 key blank | eBay

Oil, OK, get ready for the responses- how much time have you got? ;)

Many of us install an air horn under the left side cover.

Look into LED replacement lamps for the headlights. It will be a huge improvement over stock.

Improve the suspension.

Start searching the posts for information on tires. You'll go through them quickly. Rocky Mountain ATV always has the best prices in my experience and the tires usually arrive (free shipping) in two to three days. I have the Roadster, so not sure about the R3T

Cheers

Hey all,

• Fuel Octane - Do these engines have any preferences or run better on a given octane?
I do have one disappointment, the horn. I'm sorry, but the horn on my R3T does not match the personality of the rest of the bike. The horn needs to command attention like the bike does, it needs to sound like it means business, not like it's asking for permission. Any thoughts on replacements?

Thank you,

Paul.
I can send copy of manual if I get email address.

Hey all,

Thank you,

Paul.

Re he horn , I’ve just quickly swapped out the stock horn for the wolo high disc horn. A like for like swap no messing around and it perfect. Much loader and took 5 mins.

I started looking through my bike for the first time tonight and came across this, does anyone know what this is and what it's for? Clearly not stock.

whatisthis.jpg

Back