Fuel indication failure

I have been reading threads from several guys who have had problems with fuel indication. I guess I let mine run a little low and when I filled back up, the light went out but the indication showed zero. 50 miles later, still showing zero. Not sure where to start but I plan on disconnecting the battery today and recharging it. I understand this has fixed some problems.
G’day mate, having similar issues with my r3 atm.... from what I’ve researched the clutch safety start switch is linked to the fuel gauge through ecu....
Possibly try to clean contacts inside this switch may have to remove clutch lever or spray some type of electrical plug cleaner and work the clutch lever a few times....
Hopefully this will assist

G’day mate, having similar issues with my r3 atm.... from what I’ve researched the clutch safety start switch is linked to the fuel gauge through ecu....
Possibly try to clean contacts inside this switch may have to remove clutch lever or spray some type of electrical plug cleaner and work the clutch lever a few times....
Hopefully this will assist
And to you as well. Thanks for the suggestion. I must check that out because I had the clutch cable off experimenting with relocating it because of the 2in straight risers I made and installed. I might have tweaked the cable or something.

BTW, your country has an amazing young shot put champion I have been following, Jacko Gill. I think he will make you folks proud at the next Olympics.

And to you as well. Thanks for the suggestion. I must check that out because I had the clutch cable off experimenting with relocating it because of the 2in straight risers I made and installed. I might have tweaked the cable or something.

BTW, your country has an amazing young shot put champion I have been following, Jacko Gill. I think he will make you folks proud at the next Olympics.
he’s a kiwi bro.... I had to google wtf you were talking about.... I live in Australia the hottest place on earth atm 43 degrees here today I don’t think it’s ever been that hot where your from A.... (Canada)
But seriously I recently fitted a phone holder/charger to my r3 and the ideal place was right up against my light/indicator/horn switches but the clutch safety start switch was in the way. Tried to remove the switch for a test fit

he’s a kiwi bro.... I had to google wtf you were talking about.... I live in Australia the hottest place on earth atm 43 degrees here today I don’t think it’s ever been that hot where your from A.... (Canada)
But seriously I recently fitted a phone holder/charger to my r3 and the ideal place was right up against my light/indicator/horn switches but the clutch safety start switch was in the way. Tried to remove the switch for a test fit
And broke the little plastic hold in tabs on clutch switch. So decided to cut off the switch and solder wires together.... everything worked fine no issues until I went to fill up with fuel.... fuel gauge doesn’t work and distance to empty reads 0.... long story short I’ve researched the f out of this and found the clutch switch works with ecu to approximate the fuel tank level.... wow I know crazy poms..... so I cut my wire bridge and take my bike for a ride and after 3ks the fuel gauge starts working and distance to empty works

Back