Fuel indication failure

DodahMan

Turbocharged
Ride
Yamaha Roadstar, 2011 Triumph Rocket III Tour
I have been reading threads from several guys who have had problems with fuel indication. I guess I let mine run a little low and when I filled back up, the light went out but the indication showed zero. 50 miles later, still showing zero. Not sure where to start but I plan on disconnecting the battery today and recharging it. I understand this has fixed some problems.

This may or may not help but it wont hurt...
A cobber of mine has a Triumph Storm and his 'ecu' light wouldn't go out. To correct this, we started and warmed the bike up, turned it off again and did this three times. This corrected the fault. Its called the three start correction of something. Try it...it may work.

This may or may not help but it wont hurt...
A cobber of mine has a Triumph Storm and his 'ecu' light wouldn't go out. To correct this, we started and warmed the bike up, turned it off again and did this three times. This corrected the fault. Its called the three start correction of something. Try it...it may work.
Thanks. I will try that. I do remember a strange electrical noise.

Thanks. I will try that. I do remember a strange electrical noise.
I know this works if the ecu light stays on...you may have to let the bike cool down between each start/stop cycle. Not sure about that. We just did it on the Storm out on the driveway over about 15 mins...the light went out soon after...

I know this works if the ecu light stays on...you may have to let the bike cool down between each start/stop cycle. Not sure about that. We just did it on the Storm out on the driveway over about 15 mins...the light went out soon after...
Thanks. All this is new to me. My other bike is a 99 carbed machine so I am new to this ECU stuff.

No success. Looks like I have to dig in. Nearest dealer 150 miles away.

Plug in TuneECU and see if an conditions are registered - just clear them.
Just visited the site for the first time and plan on ordering the correct cable today. It mentioned that android is still fully supported but windows is not. I have a PC and an android phone. Which route is best. I imagine the pic would be better with a much
larger screen. I am going to do some reading up on tune ECU and tuneboy before asking too many questions.

Back