Fuel indication failure

G’day mate, having similar issues with my r3 atm.... from what I’ve researched the clutch safety start switch is linked to the fuel gauge through ecu....
Possibly try to clean contacts inside this switch may have to remove clutch lever or spray some type of electrical plug cleaner and work the clutch lever a few times....
Hopefully this will assist
AhaHH . . exploring today, the entire switch, being off the handlebar, came apart even the plastic pin dislodged. This thing appears to be a really cheap piece of crap. I am not sure how to fix it.

AhaHH . . exploring today, the entire switch, being off the handlebar, came apart even the plastic pin dislodged. This thing appears to be a really cheap piece of crap. I am not sure how to fix it.
Yeah I had to buy a 2nd light switch and harness to replace the clutch safety start switch. I opted for a touring switch as it has extra switch for fog lights.
I can’t understand why triumph would use clutch switch with fuel gauge...

Yeah I had to buy a 2nd light switch and harness to replace the clutch safety start switch. I opted for a touring switch as it has extra switch for fog lights.
I can’t understand why triumph would use clutch switch with fuel gauge...
Well guys, I fiddled around with the clutch switch and never could get it to stay totally inside the clutch housing but went for a ride anyway. I did that "12 minute tune" procedure and made sure the battery was topped up. The fuel monitoring system began to work again. Lol. Pretty weird.

That clutch switch looks flimsy and there is no explanation of it or how it fits into the clutch lever housing. I am just glad it's working again but it is still hanging in there loose.

Back