Fuel indication failure

Aussie are ok in my book.....i have met some bloody wonderful people over there and here so its all good..:thumbsup:
EVEN in Canberra where they seem to be a bit jumpy!;)

And broke the little plastic hold in tabs on clutch switch. So decided to cut off the switch and solder wires together.... everything worked fine no issues until I went to fill up with fuel.... fuel gauge doesn’t work and distance to empty reads 0.... long story short I’ve researched the f out of this and found the clutch switch works with ecu to approximate the fuel tank level.... wow I know crazy poms..... so I cut my wire bridge and take my bike for a ride and after 3ks the fuel gauge starts working and distance to empty works
By Jove, I think you are onto something! I remember that switch being loose and I was wondering why it was unsecured.

Yup. My fuel gage has never worked, I gave up on it. I connected to Tuneecu day before yesterday for the first time and while poking around in the software found an error code and cleared it. Works perfectly now.
I have to get tuneECU. Is it like the typical OBDII? As far as mods go, did you use tune ECU to make fine tuning adjustments after pipe and intake mods?.

I have to get tuneECU. Is it like the typical OBDII? As far as mods go, did you use tune ECU to make fine tuning adjustments after pipe and intake mods?.
Yes sir, just a regular OBDII port on the bike, however you will need a usb/obdii cable with an ftdi chipset.

This is the one I got-https://www.ebay.com/itm/TuneEcu-compatible-KKL-lead-Tune-Ecu-includes-Android-USB/282262182326?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Go here and read up, you should be good to go. TuneECU.org

I used tune 20368 Nels_Tune_TORs_RAMAIR_Final, TORs, which is in the Triumph database on the above site.

I could have made adjustment using TuneEcu, but I figured Nels and Power-Tripp had a better idea than I do about what might be close enough until I get it on a Dyno. I haven’t ridden it yet due to the weather, but getting ready to find out shortly the temp is 38F and rising.
BTW, the tune also let’s me start with the kickstand down and the clutch out in neutral now.
Good luck!

Yes sir, just a regular OBDII port on the bike, however you will need a usb/obdii cable with an ftdi chipset.

This is the one I got-https://www.ebay.com/itm/TuneEcu-compatible-KKL-lead-Tune-Ecu-includes-Android-USB/282262182326?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Go here and read up, you should be good to go. TuneECU.org

I used tune 20368 Nels_Tune_TORs_RAMAIR_Final, TORs, which is in the Triumph database on the above site.

I could have made adjustment using TuneEcu, but I figured Nels and Power-Tripp had a better idea than I do about what might be close enough until I get it on a Dyno. I haven’t ridden it yet due to the weather, but getting ready to find out shortly the temp is 38F and rising.
BTW, the tune also let’s me start with the kickstand down and the clutch out in neutral now.
Good luck!
Thanks! I will need the luck. I am more mechanical oriented than electrical but I have been diagnosing and resetting with the standard OBDII for years. No dealers near me or Rocket riders either so your advice means a lot. Thanks.

Back