Bollocks - Transmission failure.

DSCF00032.JPG DSCF00012.JPG
What sayeth the oracle. New one or old?

Still not found the other bit - which is a bit peeving.

But see no point in taking any more off until I have new parts. Unless one of the guru's insists.

From the diagrams and what I have now seen - I THINK there is scope here for an improvement

Something along the lines of

torsion.jpg

But I will need a good new spring to base tension on

Would be much easier if I had a Piano Man close (@idk ) - Could MAKE ONE.

Yep, that's the late model detent wheel Chris.

But see no point in taking any more off until I have new parts. Unless one of the guru's insists.

From the diagrams and what I have now seen - I THINK there is scope here for an improvement

torsion.jpg

Wrap some knicker elastic around it.

torsion.jpg

Yes new detent wheel I'll have to look around for the count on the spring wraps between new and old. @Rocket Scientist would probably have that answer since he is trying the old spring with the newer detent wheel. As for the missing piece. You might find it with a telesoping magnet. If you look you can stick it in the sump area from a angle. Especially with the basket out. Either way it will probably end up in a sump screen. Oh and your shopping list looks fine @barbagris

Now back to my roof repairs :(

Oh and your shopping list looks fine @barbagrisThanking you.
Now back to my roof repairs :(
Thanking you. - As for the detent spring - I'll have to take what I get. I have ordered Triumph parts in the past only to receive parts from another bike altogether - because it has the same PN inside Triumph. But if Fred can send me details - at least I'll know.

After you install the hoses and ride about 100 miles i would go back and check torque on clamps. No leaks but after riding the bike the clamps had to be tighten up. No issues at all since then. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

After you install the hoses and ride about 100 miles i would go back and check torque on clamps. No leaks but after riding the bike the clamps had to be tighten up. No issues at all since then. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Yup - that seems to be a "downside" with silicone hose. It adapts more because it's softer. As a plus (I have not actually opened the baggies) the SAMCO claps look to be outstanding.

Back