skydog1000

Living Legend
Ride
2009 RIII Classic 1980 Yahama XS1100
Who has a windshield that they like and why you like it or dislike it.

I am thinking about getting one looking for one I can remove in 5 or 10 min.

I reluctantly fit my Roadster screen if i'm going a decent trip. It works but i find screens really ugly. I actually have two of them , the shortest one Triumph sells is a tad less ugly but doesn't work as well as the taller one does. It comes off along with the saddlebags as soon as i get home.

I have a Cee Bailey 8 inch oversized touring windscreen. It would come off if you wanted it to in 2 minutes. Gives complete protection from wind, bugs, low flying kangaroos. If you're into the wind in your face, don't buy one!

Dislike them in fact that is being tooo nice I ***cin hate them along with music while you are riding just as well taking the car, motorcyclists are defined as having all the luxury mods bikers like feeling the wind and singing along with the tone of the engine.

DAVE not all of us have a streamlined bodies like you. Mine is more like a Mack truck and I get a lot of air, rocks and bugs so I put my vote in a nice oversized windshield I'm going with clear view this year.:)

Most of the time I ride without mine on. I also hate having it on but when taking long trips or rides down south where the bugs feel like rocks, it is a necessity.

I have the Clearview, extra tall with the recurve and it works great. I was lucky enough to buy it off ebay with only a minor defect.

Roadster screen with lowers and a Laminar-lip.

Now with a bug protector screen behind ( I had it anyway) to keep sun off the clocks.
This meant I pushed it forwards about an inch - made a dramatic improvement.

If you want the breeze - then the little bug deflector screens are surprising good at just getting the pressure off your chest. But ****e if you want to ride in the wet. There's a guy in the UK who makes slightly bigger ones too. Custom sculpted flyscreens

The black bit in the middle is to close the gap twixt lamps and lower edge of screen.

No buffeting at 200kph. Even with visor up.

Back