Rumors of a new Rocket 3 refresh model

Van_R3Rider

.060 Over
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3 GT
Just came across a couple of posts from Facebook forum members based out of UK that Triumph is going to launch an upgraded Rocket 3 soon. 200 hp, comfortable seats, new exhaust, carbon bits, and some other minor upgrades. Has anybody else heard something similar?

If you take 15% away from 200 bhp, you get 170 rwhp, which is about what folks are getting with Penner’s unrestricted tune. It’s hard to believe Triumph would do this, considering Euro 5, but they did a similar scam with the Rocket III Roadster when they “unleashed the beast”.

If you take 15% away from 200 bhp, you get 170 rwhp, which is about what folks are getting with Penner’s unrestricted tune. It’s hard to believe Triumph would do this, considering Euro 5, but they did a similar scam with the Rocket III Roadster when they “unleashed the beast”.
There is a reason why Triumph tamed the motor on the current R3. Leaving some meat on the bone for next iteration of the platform.Let's see How they will pull it off this time ;) Looking forward to the Beast!!!

There is a reason why Triumph tamed the motor on the current R3. Leaving some meat on the bone for next iteration of the platform.Let's see How they will pull it off this time ;) Looking forward to the Beast!!!
Leaving some meat is a marketing ploy to get you to shell out another $25K. You can do it yourself on your current bike for a pittance.

On the other hand, Triumph limits the redline to 7400 rpm. They could move that up, add domed pistons, oversized valves, cams and injectors, performance exhaust and you would have a real screamer.

Last edited:
Leaving some meat is a marketing ploy to get you to shell out another $25K. You can do it yourself on your current bike for a pittance.

On the other hand, Triumph limits the redline to 7400 rpm. They could move that up, add domed pistons, oversized valves, cams and injectors, performance exhaust and you would have a real screamer.
That's right. I already have Penner tune on my bike but I am interested to see what Triumph is going to offer. If they upgrade some motor components, replace the TFT cluster, etc. then I would be interested to upgrade.

Did I buy too soon???:oops: Nah, sounds like a mod easily applied to our current ECU. If they release an all blacked out GT though, I might be sad as I was trying to get a '22 Triple Black, but couldn't pass up the clearance deals on '23 models.

Last edited:
Back