Wish list for the next Rocket refresh

I hear a rumour that BMW have developed "Rider Assist" , wont that make life fun. More crap telling me what I can and cant do
The new 1300 BMW (my good friend just bought one) has something called "ABS-Pro" that understands both forward and lateral friction forces then determines how much brake force can be used in a turn before you exceed the available coefficient of friction (Friction Circle).
This is an awesome safety and performance feature, and one that no human can consistently duplicate. I would buy a new Rocket Roadster on the spot if it had this!
edit-
I just ripped this off from BMW some literature and it is so true.
No one can break the laws of motion physics. But those who have a better understanding of them are more aware of the limit ranges and can develop solutions with which the safety cushion for two-wheelers can be significantly extended. Safety for the motorcyclist also means taking into account the type of motion – sporty or comfortable – and matching them optimally with the corresponding designs: like optimal reserves for maximized riding enjoyment.

Last edited:
Amen, Amigo!
But I doubt seriously you have all that on your 2007 Rocket 3 Classic? :p
BTW - What do you ride that has these marvelous wonder of modern technology? 😵‍💫

Last edited:
Amen, Amigo!
But I doubt seriously you have all that on your 2007 Rocket 3 Classic? :p
BTW - What do you ride that has these marvelous wonder of modern technology? 😵‍💫
I sold the Classic in 2017. I bought it off eBay from Baxter Cycles because it had a brilliant yellow paint job by the original owner and a full Jardine exhaust. I got tired of the massive weight and despite the power, I sold it and bought a T120 out of nostalgia. After 3 years, I got bored with the low power, squirrelly suspension and weak brakes. I test drove my first BMW, an R1250R, and bought it on the spot. I doubt I’ve ever needed the cornering abs but the linked brakes are really strong and the electronic suspension keeps the bike glued to the road. It’s not Rocket fast but it’s fast enough for me.

I bought my first Rocket Roadster in part because I knew the advantages of ABS and wanted it on my motor.
I was sadly disappointed in the Roadster ABS. I own two of them and both motors have crap for rear ABS.
I am starting to itch for some GOOD safety electronics, especially linked ABS and lean angle traction control.
While not a fan of the boxer engine and nose bleed seat height, I am intrigued by BMWs ABS Pro and Race ABS.
Might just have to go lookie at a S1000XR?

I bought my first Rocket Roadster in part because I knew the advantages of ABS and wanted it on my motor.
I was sadly disappointed in the Roadster ABS. I own two of them and both motors have crap for rear ABS.
I am starting to itch for some GOOD safety electronics, especially linked ABS and lean angle traction control.
While not a fan of the boxer engine and nose bleed seat height, I am intrigued by BMWs ABS Pro and Race ABS.
Might just have to go lookie at a S1000XR?
I’d be interested in your take on that screamer.

I’d be interested in your take on that screamer.
I shall comment when I go.
At 77+ I can still toss the big Roadsters around pretty well, BUT definately not like 12 years ago. The last couple years have slapped me into the admission I am indeed in geezer status!
Lighter weight without sacrifice of too much RWHP has appeal, but decent ergoes are critical for my bones. :thumbsup:

Back