Wish list for the next Rocket refresh

Ezayakyala

.060 Over
Ride
Triumph RocketR
Since there are rumours about a refresh I thought it would be fun to see what your wish list would be for the bike. Not that I’m thinking of buying anything really at this point. Just got my Chrome 3R and not looking to get divorced. Personally here is what annoys me today:

- Wish all the silver bits were black or a different more understated colour
- I love technology so I would prefer a single tablet style TFT display that is customizable with built in GPS
- A more streamlined solo seat option. Think the saddle men step up seats on the Harley’s
- Make the front end look less bulky somehow I don’t know what it is the headlights maybe but I feel like it’s the ugliest portion on the bike relatively speaking to how beautiful it is

That’s it for me. I think if I was to buy anything at this point it would be to add a second bike like one of the new CVO Harley’s for more of a touring focused ride. Although the Rocket can be converted to that quite easily. I can still dream.

Would love to hear what you would change or keep the same. It’s winter there isn’t much else to do except have a little brain storming fun.

I think I agree with you regarding the first two points.
Not too sure about the third.....I think I understand where you're coming from on it, but for me, the main aspect would be for a better pillion seat rather than an all in one solution.
The last point is certainly an interesting topic. Hmm.... Something to ponder over. One thing about that, is when the radiator cover is blacked out (painted) it changes the front end appearance hugely from a distance....less bulky looking. Headlights look like they mean the business, but I get your feeling about it being a bit 'barn door' looking. The bike could easily stand different shaped headlight solutions. I must admit though, I do prefer the simple round 'classic' light on the Rocket.

My main preferences would be to have a set of functioning fenders, less weight, more handlebar options....and perhaps a bespoke customer paint option orderable via the Factory, or the dealer if they can cope with that type of service.

Oh yes, and a professionally produced pair of crash bars + a good centre stand solution, or at least some locking-in points for a simple workshop centre stand.

Bigger fuel tank
Blacked out, the ally deteriorates to easy
Engine/crash bar option
No traction control, or at least an option to turn off permanently
Larger text on the dash, my eyes are not what they used to be. Also less info squeezed into the dash. All that is required on the front page is odo, speed, rpm, and cruise, oil, temp lights.

Last edited:
Bigger fuel tank
Blacked out, the ally deteriorates to easy
Engine/crash bar option
No traction control, or at least an option to turn off permanently
Larger text on the dash, my eyes are not what they used to be. Also less info squeezed into the dash. All that is required on the front page is odo, speed, rpm, and cruise, oil, temp lights.
Very good point about the clarity of the instrumentation. The screen is poorly designed.....too much froth and no real beneficial ergonomics.

ohlins suspension front (50mm) and rear
larger 340mm Brembo discs with dual carbon pads
OZ aluminium rims or BST carbon fibre rims
larger pillion seat
more TFT display options - taco look/feel

Larger foot pegs, bigger fuel tank, unclutter the TFT screen (no plastic bars separating the screen into tiny segments, open it up), make TPMS stock, increase warranty to 36 months, provide better dealer/service technicians training for Rocket 3.
Agree on all especially the toddler foot pegs. The horn is embarrassing and of no use in speeds over 1 mph. They neutered the horn and exhaust. A little louder on both would be nice. Maybe a better stock windscreen that you could take on and off easily. The OEM is fantastic looking but for those of us that tour on it once in a while it's useless on the freeway. When I was in my 20's or 30's I wouldn't care but I do now. For us 5'9" and under maybe a different set of pulled back handlebars that are more forgiving on the back, neck and wrists. You know, since it's a wish list. :thumbsup:

For those who want a less cluttered screen, there's an option in the menu to hide most of the information automatically. I discovered it by accident but looked and saw it's in the manual.

As far as improvements I'd like to see, really only an option for extended fenders front and rear on the GT model, and a louder horn. I corrected the latter, but am not impressed with any aftermarket offerings for the former.

Back