Wish list for the next Rocket refresh

Bigger fuel tank
Blacked out, the ally deteriorates to easy
Engine/crash bar option
No traction control, or at least an option to turn off permanently
Larger text on the dash, my eyes are not what they used to be. Also less info squeezed into the dash. All that is required on the front page is odo, speed, rpm, and cruise, oil, temp lights.
Curious as to why you do not like the traction control?

If you want a full touring bike you need to look beyond Triumph. A full touring bike is made by other manufacturers and they include crash bars with highway pegs, weather proof bags and tour pack, GPS with maps, full multi speaker stereo, a real comfortable seat, lower wind guards and a more compliant and adjustable shock system. I don see Triumph coming anywhere close to that.

It does seem that Hp and Torque are Triumphs #1 priority albeit in small increments. A few HP here and a few next year keeping everything else on the wish list. They want a bonified muscle bike. Just enough to top the Ducati Diavel. For the life of me I just don't understand the toddler pegs and Whimpy ass horn. I do get the diminishment of the lean angle by making the pegs longer but another inch would be great (I heard it).:banghead:

Last edited:
I can take it or leave it, my ABS in in my right foot and right hand
HA! HA! Since I also reside in WA, I had to go to Google maps and find Geraldton, WA.
You are much farther away from me than I had anticipated!

Anyway, I wish only to respectfully point out that you are likely sadly mistaken if you reckon to perform better or safer than ABS or traction control.
If open to a discussion, I would welcome the opportunity . . . if I will shut up.
Steve aka 1olbull

Keeping to the thread content, My wish for the next Rocket refresh is to bring back the OEM Rocket Roadster,
Which can also be a great touring motor and add the new engine, electrics, and ground clearance.
Lighter weight would be welcome frosting on the cake!

HA! HA! Since I also reside in WA, I had to go to Google maps and find Geraldton, WA.

Anyway, I wish only to respectfully point out that you are likely sadly mistaken if you reckon to perform better or safer than ABS or traction control.
If open to a discussion, I would welcome the opportunity . . . if I will shut up.
Steve aka 1olbull
I hear a rumour that BMW have developed "Rider Assist" , wont that make life fun. More crap telling me what I can and cant do

Steve aka 1olbull
I never had ABS until my 2012 TBird. Doing panic stops on my Rockets w/o abs was not fun. Now I have dynamic abs and traction control and linked brakes and I’m totally good with it

Back