I’d like to hear the reasons and the specifics on this crank discussion. I’m to ignorant to understand so far.:confused:😅
The T plane crank is technically for better traction if you are at the edge of what your tire can do. The uneven pulses give the tire a little more time to recover from the power pulses. Unless you are a sponsored racer where first and second are a thousandth of a second difference it won't matter. Mostly it was put in the bikes to make it sound better/different.

For the record I am on my 3rd Triumph Tiger 1200 and I have had both the even fire (120 degree) and the T plane crank one, which is my current Tiger. The T plane cranks are NOT smoother than the even fire. Triumph had to work to smooth them out and while they are pretty smooth now they are not as smooth as the symmetrical ones. The T plane does make a nice engine sound if you like that uneven sound but that comes above where you really run the Rocket. Honestly if I had my choice I would have purchased my current Tiger 1200 with the 120 degree crank and not had the T plane.

I have the Viking exhaust and have not had an issue with leg heat or burning my leg.
 
Back
Top