Prototype Performance cams for the Rocket.

you can pm me when you are ready to sell the cams, it would be a great start, cams and software upgrade and I believe 200hp should be there already lol
Me too. I want to get the cam work done. Shipping will be a beast though. What do you think price wise for the cams? Great gains. Great work. Keep it up!!

Ok Dyno results are in. So we set the cams at reasonable lobe centres. 108/108. The cams were base circle ground so we were limited to 0.7mm more lift and more duration on both cams, so a pretty mild increase ( a stage 1 grind you might say). We know my exhaust mods did nothing for power, just made a nicer noise. We know the throttle valves shut down to about 60% at the top end so this will limit the power. Even so we made some great gains. The first graph shows The gains std bike to my bike. The second shows what happens when you remove the stock intake system, in other words if you were stupid enough to put a set of 3 K & N filters you would lose a ton of midrange power. Just to clarify the cams gave us around 30 ft.lb of torque across the board and 22 whp again across the board. NICE!
IMG_2840.jpg
IMG_2839.jpg
Throttle tables easily set unrestricted with Tuneecu.

Throttle tables easily set unrestricted with Tuneecu.
Yeah I am confused. Of course you are tuning if working on supercharger what do you mean shut down to 60%? You mean to take that into consideration when comparing your dyno results to the stock numbers/dyno runs because your cam is not responsible for all the increase and some is due to opening them up in the tune? Or take that into consideration with cam change only (ie your cam is being limited by the stock high end power roll off for speed control?) Please clarify what you meant in your post.

Yeah I am confused. Of course you are tuning if working on supercharger what do you mean shut down to 60%? You mean to take that into consideration when comparing your dyno results to the stock numbers/dyno runs because your cam is not responsible for all the increase and some is due to opening them up in the tune? Or take that into consideration with cam change only (ie your cam is being limited by the stock high end power roll off for speed control?) Please clarify what you meant in your post.
Dyno numbers are usually at WOT. If the electronic throttle (throttle plate) is at 60% when the throttle position is 100%, then power will be limited. Like closing the secondary throttle plates on the older Rockets. The Penner and DNK tunes both set the ETV to 100% at 100% TP. Look at Estoma’s ETV table in the free unrestricted tune thread.

Dyno numbers are usually at WOT. If the electronic throttle (throttle plate) is at 60% when the throttle position is 100%, then power will be limited. Like closing the secondary throttle plates on the older Rockets. The Penner and DNK tunes both set the ETV to 100% at 100% TP. Look at Estoma’s ETV table in the free unrestricted tune thread.
I was confused by Richard’s post. Not yours :)

Ok Dyno results are in. So we set the cams at reasonable lobe centres. 108/108. The cams were base circle ground so we were limited to 0.7mm more lift and more duration on both cams, so a pretty mild increase ( a stage 1 grind you might say). We know my exhaust mods did nothing for power, just made a nicer noise. We know the throttle valves shut down to about 60% at the top end so this will limit the power. Even so we made some great gains. The first graph shows The gains std bike to my bike. The second shows what happens when you remove the stock intake system, in other words if you were stupid enough to put a set of 3 K & N filters you would lose a ton of midrange power. Just to clarify the cams gave us around 30 ft.lb of torque across the board and 22 whp again across the board. NICE!
IMG_2840.jpg
IMG_2839.jpg
Richard looking at this graph and power curve it appears this is a stock tune? Can you clarify? Is this showing a stock tuned bike with just the cam change? If so, can you load a Penner or other tune on that opens the throttle to 100% so we can get an idea of what the cam and a tune will do? I am sure that's what most will do if they get a cam done they will already have or will shortly plan to get a tune (and a free flowing pipe). I can't see anyone doing the cam without at least first opening up the throttle restriction.

I am a little confused.
The before/after numbers show a 22% gain at 2500 and just 16% at 5000.
That is not what I would expect a camshaft to do...
Are you sure nothing else was changed?

Prost Ulf

Back