Rocket III Valve compressor tool to be available again.

There's always someone that is picky enough to ruin this by saying the borrower put an ugly scratch on said tool, rendering it too offensive to be seen any more, or something else as idiotic. Tools that get used can get marks on them, something that can be unavoidable at times.
I'm very careful with my tools, but even the best efforts to maintain a tool's pristine looks can be a hard thing.
I've got a Mitutoyo vernier caliper that I bought used 25 years ago at a flea market for $20, and it still has a cracked plastic lens over the needle, but works and looks exactly the same as the day I bought it. If you've seen my extensively modded 1976 Shovelhead Harley, you know that tool has seen a lot of use.

Does anyone have this tool I could borrow/rent/buy?
Lifetime professional mechanic, repairing CNC machinery, shipping, using carefully and reliably returning expensive fixtures & tools is every day life for me.
Thanks for your consideration.

Reading these posts about the special Valve tool, Most posts are quite old.
Is there a current tool available for the 2013 Rocket 3 Touring? Does Triumph offer this tool? Is there a company who offers this

There's always someone that is picky enough to ruin this by saying the borrower put an ugly scratch on said tool, rendering it too offensive to be seen any more, or something else as idiotic. Tools that get used can get marks on them, something that can be unavoidable at times.
I'm very careful with my tools, but even the best efforts to maintain a tool's pristine looks can be a hard thing.
I've got a Mitutoyo vernier caliper that I bought used 25 years ago at a flea market for $20, and it still has a cracked plastic lens over the needle, but works and looks exactly the same as the day I bought it. If you've seen my extensively modded 1976 Shovelhead Harley, you know that tool has seen a lot of use.
You should put a picture of your shovelhead to showcase your work .

Reading these posts about the special Valve tool, Most posts are quite old.
Is there a current tool available for the 2013 Rocket 3 Touring? Does Triumph offer this tool? Is there a company who offers this
I have gotten to the point where I can remove the OH Cam rail and assembly or, I could use a tool to depress the shim bucket as shown below.
I have been struggling to find any tool that would work on my 2013 Rocket 3 touring rig

Attachments

• Cam2.jpg
    Cam2.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 8
This is a revived post. Looking over it I see where, a while back, @warp9.9 offered to lend his alignment tool. I was a pretty new member here just getting into doing my own work- (very first time then adjusting valves) and he did, in fact, send me that tool. I was very impressed.

I think the idea of a shim tool swap could work, but the worries of someone messing it up for everyone would always be a concern.

I tried to make the shim tool myself and it didn't work for me because I have very poor machining skills, so I've always just resorted to pulling the cam shafts (really, not too bad). But a quality tool would definitely save time. Also, it seemed that no matter how carefully I measured I'd always have to pull everything again (after rechecking with the new shims) for a final unexplainable readjustment.
🤷🏼‍♂️

@OhioDavey1 I used to have the tool made/designed by @Rocket Scientist and this thread made me go look for it because I could have sent it to you, but, it seems to have flown the coop. Now I wonder if I loaned it to someone and never got t back. Somewhere in the deep recesses of my pre-chemo memory I think I loaned it out and as has been mentioned, the one person decided to not return it.

bob

Back