I got the zip ties in Daytna from a buddy who builds E-2 Hawkey's it was free zip tie day so I got one package of 1000. I shouldn't run out for a while. I be taking her apart again to upgrade her probably this winter before so I can have her done for Daytona. If she work's this time, it will go a long way towards that confidence thing. You know what I mean, hell I have never taken a motorcycle engine apart before so its a good time to learn I hope:eek:

Mine are due late next week.

Its been a loooooooong 3 weeks.

If there great there well worth the wait.

CAVOK

Thanks Sam
Also thinking of going with/trying the super trapp
with just the end cap and no plates. Any thoughts
on that????

CAVOK

CAVOK, you mean the OPEN end cap? not the solid one correct?

I don't think youd want to cap off the pipe...

need appx 12 discs and end cap, or no end cap.

9 is really tourqy but you strangle the motor above 5,000 rpms

this motor really likes to breathe, responds well to filters and open pipes..

probably why the revalved heads and cams work wonders...

After watching my IAT sensor dangle over a hot head. I relocated it to the #1 k&n.
a little magic a little clear silicone and it slipped right in. Now reporting actual intake
air temperature from #1, got to be more accurate than just hanging around, now in
direct parallel air flow inside filter. How did your move to the k&n go??

CAVOK

I cut a hole in the rubber top of #1 K&N and inserted the stock grommet from the intake tract. The IAT temps now read around 100 degrees running at 65-80 in 75-80 ambient temps. The same conditions last week gave me readings 20 or more degrees higher. I have no idea it this makes a bit of difference to the ECU but it makes me feel better. And, that really all that counts, right??

Mine are due late next week.

Its been a loooooooong 3 weeks.

If there great there well worth the wait.

CAVOK

Thanks Sam
Also thinking of going with/trying the super trapp
with just the end cap and no plates. Any thoughts
on that????

CAVOK

mike, i sure has hell didnt tell you to sell your pipes before i even had them finished much less the time required for shipping ,coating , and shipping again. against my better judgement you skipped ahead of the que out of rt88's good nature.. do not be calling jethot everyday for a status report. they dont stand around waiting for me to send them pipes. they are my vendors and i have a good relation with them and do not need them pissed off. when they are done they are done. got it

Delivery

Got It Only called jet hot once when you gave me the number and who to ask for, spoke with Debbie, she said they where inplating shipping this week. Never should have sold those pipes, but rkt88 was hot for them. Hope I haven't been to much of a pain in the ass.

Many Thanks:

CAVOK

Last edited:
Back