Am I the only one who loves the factory exhaust pipes?

skaarlaj

.040 Over
Ride
2016 Rocket 3
Hello all, I absolutely love the way the factory twin pipes look on these Rockets, and have noticed alot of the aftermarket header / exhaust systems don't look nearly as (mad max) looking as factory imo. I don't however prefer the factory style log manifold going into them.

• Restriction, are the factory silencers pretty dang restrictive? I have no problem with the minimal noise if they happen to flow decently
  • has anyone ran aftermarket headers into a gutted catalytic converter, or some sort of piping that eliminated the converter into the factory mufflers
  • My previous 06 Classic had the Jardine header, and full exhaust, and although it felt more powerful, and surely made more sound, I think the factory mufflers simply looked better
I think this header into factory pipes would look absolutely killer, maybe black out the factory mufflers though. Then again maybe not. My bike will probably never be blacked out to this extent.
Link Removed

Last edited:
I also love the no bs look of the carpenter racings set-ups, I'm just pretty certain it is LOUD, and unless you're really making serious steam, I'm not a huge fan of loud.

The Zard stuff looks excellent too, until you look at the goofy bullet bike looking mufflers:confused:

Last edited:
If you like the stock look then TORs would work if you want the best performing pipe then Carpenter can fix you up. If you want a free flowing fuel system then @Paul Bryant of Viking exhaust can build you a system built to your taste. He is a one man operation and there is a wait but several here can attest that he is worth the wait.

Back