AussieMick

Living the Dream
Ride
2017 R3R
Well the bike is getting to where I want it to be. I brought the 2 1/4 inch CES Racing headers and short muffler to replace the Dave Platt shorties and crossover twhich by the way are on sale very cheap). The CES system is ceramic coated inside and out and a beautiful piece of work, looks great and sounds fantastic. Took it to @Neville Lush and the results are below, 1st run was with an old tune designed for the DPs. Nev coaxed 161hp out of her with Ramair induction the only addition to the CES. It is absolutely beautiful to ride now and pulls like a train. The torque jump at 2500 to 3000 is exceptional. Photos also show the rear seat off and no SissyBar or rack as I am also the proud owner of @Mittzy quick release SissyBar and easy Bracket kit. Absolutely stoked

Attachments

• IMG_20181012_0920020.jpg
    IMG_20181012_0920020.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20181012_0920135.jpg
    IMG_20181012_0920135.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Nev Lush CES Tune Results.jpg
    Nev Lush CES Tune Results.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
The torque jump is impressive, as is the power curve. I have to say the original power run is quite impressive as well! This was with Platts piping, which header?

Ah I see, he is a maestro at releasing power that's for sure. Near enough to 150hp from the stock header is bucket loads of fun for cheap, the DP shorties and crossover must be half decent flow wise. I have 150hp with Ramair and a tune by Neville but with a header, cat delete and 3 pipe tors. Goes to show the cat delete and the tors are probably holding back 10hp or so. Interesting. Looks like a fun ride mate congrats.

Thanks for sharing your tin roof tune.
Just for rough comparison, this is my recent dyno - stock engine, Ram Air & CES.
FYI - firmware upgrades Nels made to his dyno resulted in a 5 mph decrease in the RWHP read from my previous.
Kong runs like a cheeta with a banana up its butt!

1olbull 2018 CES-Ram Air.jpg

Thanks for sharing your tin roof tune.
Just for rough comparison, this is my recent dyno - stock engine, Ram Air & CES.
FYI - firmware upgrades Nels made to his dyno resulted in a 5 mph decrease in the RWHP read from my previous.
Kong runs like a cheeta with a banana up its butt!

1olbull 2018 CES-Ram Air.jpg

CES pipes not only look good but the numbers are great for the price. Your Dyno looks good and it is nice to compare. So many variations can come into play with tunes as we know. nevs shed is **** near sea level, I run 98 octane fuel, it was a mild day when we tuned her, she has only done 30 000km, brand new head a fresh oil the week before, it all plays a part. Good to know you are riding with a smile also

Back