Am I the only one who loves the factory exhaust pipes?

You must have a real good sound system then to be able to tell how they sound for sure then...for what it's worth, the stock system is choking the exhaust gases, as it has to, in order to meet the emission laws. If you want your engine to relax, let it breathe.
The Tors have the same basic look but have the big throat for easy breathing.
I realize the stock intake and exhaust constrict the ability of the engine to breath, but I like the tone of exhaust. I've listened to many exhaust clips on different bikes and then heard many of them in person. To my hearing most of the clips and reality are very close. Definitely close enough for me to tell whether or not I'd be willing to fork out the cash for a system to try it.

3 pipe TORS? Are they in good condition? Drop me a line and send some pics if you like and hopefully we can sort something out
No sorry they are the two that are for the Roadster.

As I said in my original post, this pipe can be set up to plug straight into your stock (or aftermarket) cross over pipe.

I have since done these headers in Chrome so it would match the Stock Heat shield/covers and Mufflers.

D.JPG
[/QU
No sorry they are the two that are for the Roadster.
Give me a few pics and a price when you're ready man. I'm leaning towards them ones anyway, especially knowing that I can get a header plumbed into them.

Last edited:
You're not alone. I love the look of the factory silencers. I just wish they weren't so ****ed quiet. My warranty is up in February, and I'm planning to run a set of Viking headers (assuming I can get them in chrome). Since TORs were discontinued, I'm going with a set of Dave Platt deep-tone silencers. They don't look exactly like stock but they're close, and they sound great.

I wish my Carpenter pipes were quiet, I have no love of loud pipes, but they are necessary on the Rocket to get the benefit of my performance mods. I own no other loud bikes.

Give me a few pics and a price when you're ready man. I'm leaning towards them ones anyway, especially knowing that I can get a header plumbed into them.
I will do that. Should happen by mid September.

I wish my Carpenter pipes were quiet, I have no love of loud pipes, but they are necessary on the Rocket to get the benefit of my performance mods. I own no other loud bikes.
Man I really like the all business look of the Carpenter system, just the noise level I imagine with that Megaphone shys me away honestly, but very bad-@55 fo sho

My Carp pipes are loud compared to a stock R3, but still quieter than a HD with open pipes. Not just my opinion, that's measured by a decibel meter.

Back