Cams, Pipes & Clutch upgrade

I read where you took it to him as soon as you picked up one of your bikes from carpenter and he got more out of it, made it run better, something to that affect?
Yes, he has a better dyno, and the drive to get everything he can from the bike. Triumph uses him to tune the Streamliner.

Here are the parts, cams, tensioner, pipes, MTC clutch fibers, Carpenter springs on the way, detent spring, gaskets, crankcase evac. nipple & back check, hoses.
What is missing?

4C66F1BE-A601-40C2-8FE9-7AB95D93A709.jpeg

Beer

Mad Dog I may have missed it, you rolling now? How’d you come out if completed, I know you were getting jerked around and ready to stomp somebody.

Yea it’s on the road. Thanks for asking.
My first tuner had a dyno, but left me running way rich, said he was connected to my 02 sensor, think he was lost. Got 155 hp 145 tq on his dyno.
Found nobody else in a 500 mile radius with a dyno that sounded legit on the phone was willing to try.
Ended up getting a local guy who drag races bikes tune it with a wide band and data logger, it’s significantly better than the guy with the dyno did, but no idea what kind of power I’m making. Guess I’m going to have to travel a ways to get it tuned right.

And yea, I got jerked around a lot. Worst was Reband pipes and Colvin cycles in OKC.
As far as stomping somebody, I think sonny was the one talking about that, same guy charged him big bucks to do a few dyno pulls and tell him his base tune couldn’t be improved on. I doubt sonny was serious, I don’t think he would warn them if he was really coming.

Thanks again for asking Kevin, this has been a learning experience.

Hi Mad Dog,
just read your thread and can only say I am sorry to hear how you got jerked around.:banghead:
However I know, being the fine gentlemen that you are, will roll with the punches and come out fighting.:notworthy:

So glad to hear that you are back rolling on the road, lets hope you get that super tune soon.:cool:

Back