Oil tank temp gauges - cheap as

Before I came across these I had considered making one with a cooking oven probe type you stick in a large roast so you can monitor internal temperature during cooking dirt cheap on eBay too easiest way would be to drill hole in original cap and insert with a couple of small o-rings sealing top and bottom surface of cap.
This one even has a temp alarm setting.
Thermometer Probe Timer Digital Alert for Cooking BBQ Oven Food Meat Taste | eBay
http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBay...descgauge=1&cspheader=1&oneClk=1&secureDesc=0
DIGITAL COOKING FOOD MEAT PROBE THERMOMETER kitchen bbq oven temperature | eBay
Thermometer Probe Timer Digital Alert for Cooking BBQ Oven Food Meat Taste | eBay

I got yer meat probe, ISH!!!
Na-Na.jpg

I'm with you on that one. I'll probably put the temp gauge in a few times a month just for curiosity's sake, and keep the OEM most of the time.

I reckon yours is a good idea.
I'll carry my OEM with me on the upcoming trip to Kentucky, just in case.

I got yer meat probe, ISH!!!
Na-Na.jpg

For under US$10 it was a steal even if just to play with. I bit the bullet too last night and may even use it to see what exhaust system temperatures at different points are upper range of 250C could be handy. Some hardy souls may even consider using it for monitoring their core temperature while riding!;):(:eek::roll::roll::roll:

I would suggest they put a little cork on the end of the probe if planning to go that route though! :p;):D

For under US$10 it was a steal even if just to play with. I bit the bullet too last night and may even use it to see what exhaust system temperatures at different points are upper range of 250C could be handy. Some hardy souls may even consider using it for monitoring their core temperature while riding!;):(:eek::roll::roll::roll:

I would suggest they put a little cork on the end of the probe if planning to go that route though! :p;):D

Or perhaps instead of the cork - a Gerbil???
OMG.jpg

Back