Oil tank temp gauges - cheap as

KOSO-TEMP.jpg
So here's a different take - Arrived this week. Cost me 15Euros new from Amazon.
Genuine KOSO
48mm thingie. Came with temp sensor which is remarkable sensitive.
Gauge has a stepper motor that steps in 1°C

I need to find somewhere to mount the sensor - but that won't be after I have had my run to the UK.
I am thinking in the sump maybe - one of the horizontal orientated end plugs? - Thoughts?

Yes - I know - looks blurry - but It still has the protective shipping film on.

I bought a couple of these a few weeks ago for me and @Turk from an Aussie supplier- now I find them here half the price with FREE INTL post. :(:banghead:;):D
Now:

They will fit our tanks and you could file our oil level marks into the stick or use your eyes and estimate within a couple of mm.

US $22.45 free shipping
Approximately AU $28.49 with free Intl shipping!
USA eBay

Bikers Choice Oil Tank Dipstick with Temperature Gauge 71558AS3 Harley Davidson | eBay
Aussie eBay
Bikers Choice Oil Tank Dipstick with Temperature Gauge 71558AS3 Harley Davidson | eBay

The actual item being sold is :
Bikers Choice - 71558AS3 - Oil Tank Dipstick with Temperature Gauge

(Oil Tank Dipstick With Temp for Harley XL Softail)
I bought one of these... it has V twin on it and the rubber was too small for the Rocket ( like a *****in a bucket ) ... it is unusable as it is so I machined a mount for it

I bought a couple of these a few weeks ago for me and @Turk from an Aussie supplier- now I find them here half the price with FREE INTL post. :(:banghead:;):D
Now:

They will fit our tanks and you could file our oil level marks into the stick or use your eyes and estimate within a couple of mm.

US $22.45 free shipping
Approximately AU $28.49 with free Intl shipping!
USA eBay

Aussie eBay

The actual item being sold is :
Bikers Choice - 71558AS3 - Oil Tank Dipstick with Temperature Gauge

(Oil Tank Dipstick With Temp for Harley XL Softail)
Anxious to get mine in the mail! Great find!!

Anxious to get mine in the mail! Great find!!
I hope you read as far as Post#8

Maybe it is this one that matches my '2000 on Softail' version that fits my oil tank.:oops::whitstling:

The one I posted earlier appears to be for pre 2000 Softails, and many other Sportster type models including 2000 on versions so Steve @1olbull - unless you can contact them and cancel/ change to their one below from the same supplier you will have a happy Harley friend this Xmas (8 pages of models in listing to find a friend with one).

Sorry I was obviously not informed about Harley models.:oops::(

Brand: Biker's Choice
Manufacturer Part Number: 71559s3
Now: US $21.56 with free shipping

USA eBay

Bikers Choice - 71559S3 - Oil Tank Dipstick with Temperature Gauge~ 49-0636 | eBay

Did you end up getting this? Pass or fail?.....I’m digging this one now then the chrome one.

I didn't ever get around to it, though, I probably should finally do it lol.

I think by post #53, it probably will be a little too small in the end.

Back