HOW TO INSTALL ELECTRONIC CRUISE CONTROL ON YOUR ROCKET!

Along with the cruise control I've also ordered a Saab cruise control pump from ebay. How would you plumb the vacuum lines?
ebay# 220099179732
thanks

I am seriously looking at doing this on my R3T.. the only problem is that I hate the way the Audio Vox controls look on the handlebars.

I've been searching the web everywhere for a 4 momentary chrome switch so far with no luck.. (max I have found is 3).

Anyone else feel the same way I do about this?

Thanks Honker, I just finished fitting my AudioVox.

Like several other members, I am not crazy on the look of the switches on the handlebar, so have put mine under the instruments

I figure that if you can't reach forward to the switches then it's not a good time to be using cruise control anyway...

IMG_1815.jpg

There is great information to be found in these forums, I thank you all.

Just got my bike back yesterday, had the upgrade kit installed and while it was apart installed the triple K&Ns, TOR mufflers and the audiovox cruise. That cruise install would be a pain without the detailed steps, I made a very large vac canister from 4" PVC and stuck it in the air box and engagement is smooth as silk.

Going out crusing tomorrow, Stinkyy...

just a quick question that may be obvious but in your original post you mentioned the need for a vacuum check valve. is this needed with the use of an electric vacuum pump like the vw one you mentioned later in the thread? I purchased one of these control unit's a long time ago for my dad to install on his kawasaki voyager but he ended up buying a goldwing before installing it so i asked if i could use it on my rocket and whaddya know i'm reading this now and figuring out how to install it.

one more thing. In the dip switch settings the dip switch 4 and 5 control settings. did you mess with those before going with the vacuum pump?

thanks,
Steve H

Back