Flipmeister Saddle Bag stiffeners

Hardware color/finish options

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
flip,
man, that was quick progress! are ya gonna post pictures' ? :D

greg

I'm waiting for the hardware to come in. Should be here by Friday. The initial offering will be either black anodized aluminum hard anodized or brushed aluminum finish. I've installed the first set in my bags but I used a mish-mash of fasteners I received from the fastener supplier in Vermont as a sample so I could make an actual comparison. The heads on the fasteners are exactly the same diameter as the rivets that Triumph uses on the factory panniers. Once you put the liners in, the bags stand up proud and erect just like they did when they were new. The liners will come marked, but not drilled. I have to keep telling myself that I'm working with leather, not metal so everything don't line up precisely. That will allow for some creativity on the users part. Each liner will come with 14 fasteners. That will do the bag liner as well as the lid liner. Only the first 2 fasteners installed have to be in a certain place. After that, the pattern is up to you. You'll have to completely remove the bags from the bike and install the liners with the bag on a scrap wood board. if you don't you'll drill through your wife's countertop and that ain't too cool. The liners will come pre-formed to the interior contour of the bag so you just tuck them in and screw 'em down. I think you'll be quite haqppy with them. I am.

I'll post some pictures as soon as I get the fasteners all in one color.

I'll post some pictures here, on this thread prior to putting them on the website.

cookies & ............

flip,
now,does this mean we get pictures and cookies too? what kind of extra speciel cookies? chocolate/ chocolate chip and color pics with step by step instructions? what ever you decide,i'm in.........:):D

greg

i'm gonna put this on the other POST also ok?:)

Back