Downshifting into first...

ChicagoRocket

Supercharged
Ride
2023 Triumph Rocket 3 R Chrome Edition
Does anybody have trouble downshifting into first if your going more than 15-20mph?

My bike wont downshift shift into first unless i'm below those speeds...is this normal?

Thanks!

I've found the Rocket to be more like A Harley when it comes to downshifting. I usually wait until I'm almost stopped to bring it down to first gear. Mine grinds and clunks really bad if I try it going faster. The old Valkyrie I bought, I think you could shift into first at 80 mph if you wanted. Totally different feel to that gearbox.

I've found the Rocket to be more like A Harley when it comes to downshifting. I usually wait until I'm almost stopped to bring it down to first gear. Mine grinds and clunks really bad if I try it going faster. The old Valkyrie I bought, I think you could shift into first at 80 mph if you wanted. Totally different feel to that gearbox.
Same here Mine was like that
I rev the motor each time I downshift. I'm not sure if I'm doing this at less than 20 or not. Seems to shift better when I do that though.
Norm I was told it is not actually recommended practice for the Rocket, not sure if it is harmfull but was told that it is a full syncro box and blipping the throttle will not make it change better

Very much if not the same as a Harley.

Same here Mine was like that
Norm I was told it is not actually recommended practice for the Rocket, not sure if it is harmfull but was told that it is a full syncro box and blipping the throttle will not make it change better

I always give a little blip of throttle when down shifting. I guess that is the old trucker in me.

Good info...and yes, some transmissions were designed for downshifting in a wider range than others...either way the motul has made my tranny so much more bearable! Just like a women, when it's well lubed its much more desirable! haha.

Is the rumor true that Lamborghini designed the rockets transmission???

Back