CAT Delete/TORS

Well Hans I hear a little induction roar but nothing that bothers me as for the triple filters well I have never road with a set of them. The Falcon has a single filter also. And a slight whistle to her as the rpms climb past 6000:D
Yeah Yeah :rolleyes: we know about the>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the Jet fighter:cool:, I but thought you may have ridden a bike with just triples at some stage :D

Yeah Yeah :rolleyes: we know about the>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the Jet fighter:cool:, I but thought you may have ridden a bike with just triples at some stage :D

No but I will switch with Paul this week and see I could hear a little growl but to be honest I liked it and did not find it annoying. Anyway Paul has Triples and a predator pipe so I will be able to give you a fair report.

TORS are in. I'm scheduled to have everything done including the TORS tune(there is one without a CAT) on May 28th. Looks like around $950.00 out the door(could be a little less if it takes less than two hours). This will be the biggest one time money dump I've ever put in a bike for a mod.

TORS are in. I'm scheduled to have everything done including the TORS tune(there is one without a CAT) on May 28th. Looks like around $950.00 out the door(could be a little less if it takes less than two hours). This will be the biggest one time money dump I've ever put in a bike for a mod.

Wow, speedfrk,
I payed $419 for my TORs and it took less than a half hour to put them on.
I hate to see you pay SO MUCH moola.
1olbull

Dude, what year is your bike? Do you have a stock seat with the infernal ducting? If yes or no, have them put in a K&N underseat filter.

By the way, if you think you can rip the manifold out and put on triple K&N's you should be able to do the TOR mufflers and cat bypass yourself.

Don't remove the secondaries.

Have the dealer put in the TORs/cat bypass tune.

When you get your cable and install TuneECU and get it to connect, upload the tune in your ECU and save it then download the tune I recommended above. This is a custom tune for that exhaust - it opens the secondaries and adds significant fuel over stock. Also, uncheck the O2 sensor box.

If the need strikes you to put in 3 K&N's, there's also a custom tune done by Wayne MacDonald for that. He tweaked the ignition in that one.

It will be $450.00 for the TORS, $365.00 for the CAT delete setup, and around $135.00 labor/TORS tune plus sales tax. I don't feel I'm paying too much. I already have a killer tune waiting for when I switch to tripple filters that I got from hanso. Cheers.

It will be $450.00 for the TORS, $365.00 for the CAT delete setup, and around $135.00 labor/TORS tune plus sales tax. I don't feel I'm paying too much. I already have a killer tune waiting for when I switch to tripple filters that I got from hanso. Cheers.

The price is fine - the cat bypass ain't free.

Wow, speedfrk,
I payed $419 for my TORs and it took less than a half hour to put them on.
I hate to see you pay SO MUCH moola.
1olbull

From memory, he has a Classic, so the cat is not removed just by adding TORs. Bolting on 3 pipes (rather than just 2) is pretty simple and the pipes themselves are pretty cheap but he also needs to replace the cat box. Staintune cat delete is probably the best option.

By the way speedfrk, it would help everyone help you if you list your bike under your avatar as most have done. There are differences between models that will impact the answers you get/can use, so do yourself a favour, as they say..

If I'm going to pay that kind of money I would go ahead and spend a little extra and get the Jardines full exhaust system. Then intall a Jars tune via TuneECU. If I didn't know how to install the tune all I would do is ask around on here and surely someone would install it for you for free. With the Jardines you will do away the CAT and remove the manifold on the engine and get the header (better flow). I've rode a classic with Jardines and it was a beast. This is true if you own a Roadster.

Jardines

Per Jardine, I'll have pipes on Monday, although MC dealers are closed on Mondays in Texas. I'll believe it when I see them. They've been taking orders for 5 or more months without delivering product (slashcuts for pre-Roadster R3).

MarvinM

Back