CAT Delete/TORS

I've watched the youtube video a couple of times, but the person who made it has already downloaded and is familiar with the software. I know absolutely nothing about nothing when it comes to Tune ECU. I've received my cable and now I'm ready to start this process. Can anyone help me get started? Thank you. I don't have a laptop, but I can get my desktop out close to my Rocket to be able to remain connect to the internet.

I used my desktop about 3 or 4 times until I bought a cheap laptop.

I was removing the headlight fuse but found that it was easier to just hook up a battery charger set on normal charge. After cranking the bike to wait for the TPS (geen light) to come on I would remove the charger.

I used my desktop about 3 or 4 times until I bought a cheap laptop.

I was removing the headlight fuse but found that it was easier to just hook up a battery charger set on normal charge. After cranking the bike to wait for the TPS (geen light) to come on I would remove the charger.

Download the cable driver into a new folder from the tuneecu site. Disconnect your computer from the internet before plugging in the cable. The driver must be installed for the USB connection as well as a serial (com) port. What operating system do you have? If xp, you need to install net framework version 2 or higher for tuneecu to work. You may have to manually update the driver in device manager for usb and serial.

I'm starting to feel a little more at ease about this. I've downloaded the software, tune files, and the users manual. With the help of a friend who is an IT manager at his place of work and his laptop(I only have a desktop) I think we can get this done. Hopefully I'll be able to report back the tune was successfully installed by this weekend. I was just about ready to throw in the towel and just get a PCIII and pay to have it installed with a custom map for my bike. That would have set me back about another $700.00(performance sure is expensive). I've spent a ton more for performance on my old hotrod. You get what you pay for.

TOR's and Cat delete

Anybody have a set of TOR's and Cat delete for an 05 RIII for sale. I've been kinda looking for some. Don't want to break the bank getting better sound and performance.

Something on my end must be acting up when I tried to send a message to hanso. I can't see where it went out. So I'll just post it here for him to see as well as all other captains out there. My Rocket is in the shop for it's 20,000 mile service and while there I'm having a PCIII installed(please don't beat me up about PCIII vs PCV, I'm going with the III and that is it) and a custom map done. With a PCIII will I need a O2 eliminator kit as well? After this is done should I still decide to can I upload the TORS/CAT delete tune from Tune ECU, or would that have to have been done prior to the custom PCIII map? The same question would apply for the tri-filter map hanso sent to me. With all the discussion I've had about air filters I'm thinking that with a stock head pipe there wouldn't be any noticable power gains from adding a tri-filter setup. However someone who I'm aquainted with told me his 05 standard with a stock headpipe, Maddog slip-ons, tall tri-filters with something like velocity stacks in them, and a custom tune using a PCIII yielded 146HP(don't remeber the torque number). To me that seems pretty impressive for a daily ridden R3. For now I'll just be happy with whatever comes out. With what I've added and weight I've taken away there has to be a decent bump in power with the custom PCIII tune. I'm trying real hard not continue to be the tweaker that is my nature(just ask my now ex-girlfriend about my $40,000.00 hotrod that until a couple years ago couldn't quit trying to squeeze more and more out of it).

Is there difference between tors and standard pipes with the wadding removed.

Firstly, it would be helpful to know what bike you're talking about. If you add it to the info under your avatar it makes it much easier for people to help you.

There are more difference between standard pipes and TORS than just the sound. TORS have larger diameter pipes for a start, so removing the wadding, even if there was any, wouldn't achieve the same result except for noise I imagine. On a Roadster, each muffler includes a cat box. TORS eliminate those. On a 3 pipe system, the cat box is in the cross over, so you would need a separate pipe to eliminate the cat.

Back