CAT Delete/TORS

Just had Ramair filter system fitted along with cat bypass & PCV with A/T. The tune in the ECU is standard triumph for TORS, would I see a difference with an tune ecu map instead. My Dyno tuner recons it wont matter as the PCV masks it all anyway. Thoughts please gents!!!

Since the union jobs went away and I work as hard for about 1/3d the pay and gasoline cost my wife and I $150.-$200.00 a week if I want to go faster my option is to jump out a window a really high window. I remember my first test ride on my Rocket...I decided to trade in my Storm and the acceleration was amazing. I spent a few days dealing b4 I became the proudest R3 owner....If the paying jobs ever return(i remain skeptical)or I win lotto a bolt on supercharger sounds pretty cool, a 2nd beater bike sounds good to.

Just had Ramair filter system fitted along with cat bypass & PCV with A/T. The tune in the ECU is standard triumph for TORS, would I see a difference with an tune ecu map instead. My Dyno tuner recons it wont matter as the PCV masks it all anyway. Thoughts please gents!!!

I run IanTune.HEX TuneECU program, it has 100% secondaries and no ignition retard in the lower gears.
As soon as my Dyno guy ran the bike up he knew a flash had been done in the main ECU but the final trimming is done in the PCV

I run IanTune.HEX TuneECU program, it has 100% secondaries and no ignition retard in the lower gears.
As soon as my Dyno guy ran the bike up he knew a flash had been done in the main ECU but the final trimming is done in the PCV
you beat me to it Les, I was just seeing if i could upload the file like we could on the old platform Capt Jack send me your e-mail and I will send it to you plus my PCV +AT AFR Map then you wont have to go to dyno

Ok all you performance junkies, what is the real world performance gains when installing a CAT delete kit along with a set of TORS and of course a tune? Thanks.

Same question only on R3Roadster (2011)? Want to start some upgrades.

Any spicific info appreciated: DB sound level, weight, HP and Torque differance.

I don't have any dyno numbers but this was my experience on my '09 Standard with 3 pipe system.

TORS and Staintune cat delete were louder than stock but not excessively. You don't get a deep rumble though; some say a little raspy. I reckon they sounded a little like a Brit sports car - say, a Jaguar. Staintune or MadDog pipes, for example, will give a deeper sound.

Performance seemed better, especially low down. I think TORS, having a slightly smaller internal diameter than say, Staintune, are actually designed with torque increase in mind more than hp. My bike did spin out really well too and, with triple K&N filters and a Dobeck was as quick as anything else out there and certainly more than fast enough for me. As noted, you will need either a tune or some other way to increase fuelling. The stock Triumph TORS tune is too lean on its own. I used a Dobeck and still have the TORS tune and it works fine.

The TORS and filters have now gone and are sitting in my garage. New set-up is definitely better, so I'd view TORS as a more than adequate and very cost effective system for moderate gains and good sound. I was very happy with it and changed it opportunistically rather than due to any performance issue (although I did want better sound).

I don't have any dyno numbers but this was my experience on my '09 Standard with 3 pipe system.

TORS and Staintune cat delete were louder than stock but not excessively. You don't get a deep rumble though; some say a little raspy. I reckon they sounded a little like a Brit sports car - say, a Jaguar. Staintune or MadDog pipes, for example, will give a deeper sound.

Performance seemed better, especially low down. I think TORS, having a slightly smaller internal diameter than say, Staintune, are actually designed with torque increase in mind more than hp. My bike did spin out really well too and, with triple K&N filters and a Dobeck was as quick as anything else out there and certainly more than fast enough for me. As noted, you will need either a tune or some other way to increase fuelling. The stock Triumph TORS tune is too lean on its own. I used a Dobeck and still have the TORS tune and it works fine.

The TORS and filters have now gone and are sitting in my garage. New set-up is definitely better, so I'd view TORS as a more than adequate and very cost effective system for moderate gains and good sound. I was very happy with it and changed it opportunistically rather than due to any performance issue (although I did want better sound).

Thanks for the info! I hear you about upgrading with some pipes different then TORs.
From reading about all the Rocket asseseries, awesome rebuilds and warm weather...makes me consider making a move to As. Wife has a chief nephew who just returned from 4 yrs.

when my tors and aus decat pipes were fitted, it made an extra 100 bhp at the rear wheel ? an unbelievable difference to performance
they are for sale now if you are interested ?????????

Back