CAT Delete/TORS

If I'm going to pay that kind of money I would go ahead and spend a little extra and get the Jardines full exhaust system. Then intall a Jars tune via TuneECU. If I didn't know how to install the tune all I would do is ask around on here and surely someone would install it for you for free. With the Jardines you will do away the CAT and remove the manifold on the engine and get the header (better flow). I've rode a classic with Jardines and it was a beast. This is true if you own a Roadster.

Mully,
How much farther outboard do the Jardine headers protrude than the stock headers??? That is my big question.

My right shin gets hot enough already and I DO NOT want to incur yet more heat. Until I can get this answered, I be hanging with my TORs and riding off road only. :rolleyes:
1olbull

Per Jardine, I'll have pipes on Monday, although MC dealers are closed on Mondays in Texas. I'll believe it when I see them. They've been taking orders for 5 or more months without delivering product (slashcuts for pre-Roadster R3).

MarvinM
There is a waiting list a mile long. Jardines has a monopoly on these exhaust systems right now.

Mully,
How much farther outboard do the Jardine headers protrude than the stock headers??? That is my big question.

My right shin gets hot enough already and I DO NOT want to incur yet more heat. Until I can get this answered, I be hanging with my TORs and riding off road only. :rolleyes:
1olbull

If I had a set of Jardines I would go out right now and measure for you. However I don't sooooo.... lol

I've gotten where I will more than likely just stick with the TORS and the Staintune free flow crossover. I don't really need anymore power or torque unless I was going to race this bike or something. My question is how much torque and horsepower would I gain over my set up now? Is that gain worth $1200 or more? I don't ever drag race that much.

If I was rich like you 1olbull I would go ahead and lay down the money. :rolleyes:

Mully, my rebel friend!!! :eek::eek::eek:
Whatever gave you the idea I had moola. Just a blue collar hard working old man from WA I be. $hit, I get none from Obozo and proud of that I be. Lucky I be to pay the bills and care for my extended family. Definitely not rich I be.
:D :D :D

I gotta stop watching Yoda and Star Wars with the grandson . . . :roll::roll:

A cool fellow you seem to be - I shall be near your hood riding the Smokey's in July on a ride I'll start June 12.
Perhaps bend an elbow or two?
1olbull

Mully, my rebel friend!!! :eek::eek::eek:
Whatever gave you the idea I had moola. Just a blue collar hard working old man from WA I be. $hit, I get none from Obozo and proud of that I be. Lucky I be to pay the bills and care for my extended family. Definitely not rich I be.
:D :D :D

I gotta stop watching Yoda and Star Wars with the grandson . . . :roll::roll:

A cool fellow you seem to be - I shall be near your hood riding the Smokey's in July on a ride I'll start June 12.
Perhaps bend an elbow or two?
1olbull

Oh that'll be great. PM me couple weeks ahead of time and I'll try to round up rainman , STB, and a few others if they're not tied up doing other things..... we'll all grab something to eat.

Oh that'll be great. PM me couple weeks ahead of time and I'll try to round up rainman , STB, and a few others if they're not tied up doing other things..... we'll all grab something to eat.

Shall do!
I made a note to check in when I reach the Smokey's area.
I plan on spending like 5 days or more in the area to ride as much of the roads as possible before heading down to Key West.
I would really like to meet as many of you guys as possible.
Putting a face to those you have gotten to know in cyber space is cool.

1olbull

Today TORS on, CAT box deleted/bypassed, and TORS tune installed. Like the growl, love the weight reduction, but have a little decel popping. I'm sure once I go with the tripple K&N's with hanso's tune that will go away. All in good time. Overall I'm happy I did it.

Ok folks I just ordered a LONELECTUNE ECU KKL Interface Cable Lead for Triumph Motorcycles TUNEECU DIAGNOSTIC PC LEAD - AS RECOMMENDED HARDWARE [LEZBTUNEECU] - £14.99 : Lonelec, Fault Code Readers & ECU Diagnostic Equipment,
When I receive it I will need need help as I know just enough about computers and computer software to be able to break them.

Watch this about eight times and you'll have the procedure memorized. lol

This vid actually gave me enough confidence to do it myself.

TuneECU (free TuneBoy) software demo on Triumph Tiger 1050 SE - YouTube

I've watched the youtube video a couple of times, but the person who made it has already downloaded and is familiar with the software. I know absolutely nothing about nothing when it comes to Tune ECU. I've received my cable and now I'm ready to start this process. Can anyone help me get started? Thank you. I don't have a laptop, but I can get my desktop out close to my Rocket to be able to remain connect to the internet.

Did you download the TuneECU software from the thread ?
Go to it, read it slowly. Its simpler than it should be. You will think that you got the wrong one or did it wrong. If you read it slowly and chose the correct options you will be ok. Once you download it. Go to your bike and connect everything. After you remove the headlight fuse, turn the key on but DO NOT start the bike. Watch the video again and look at what he is talking about with the green light at the bottom right of the screen. Once it is green you are in. If you can get that far, you will be able to add the tune you want. Let me know if you get the green light.

Back