Carpenterized Touring

I can afford to carpenter my standard, but I wouldn't be able to afford replacement cost after I blow it up.

The touring was designed to be a Harley look a like and thus take away some of the Harley customers. (Not a bad money making plan if you ask me.) So in order to get more of the Harley affect they had to detune some power away from it :D

Just joking around by the way :)

Most of the Carpenter bikes still get great fuel mileage in the criusing range thewy just are a monster when you turn it on. Mine however did lose a wee bit of fuel mileage as it criuses at 38 mpg all day long if I can keep my wrist uder control.

Warp, I got the best milage to date this past weekend riding two up at 34 mpg with my stock R3T. From what you're saying, I can increase my milage my taking it to Bob. Now, just need to save my pennies...

Warp, I got the best milage to date this past weekend riding two up at 34 mpg with my stock R3T. From what you're saying, I can increase my milage my taking it to Bob. Now, just need to save my pennies...
the best I ever got on my Classic while it was stock was 43 mpg at highway criuse speeds. I remember because I install the fuel gauge and thought it was messed up as I had gone further then before without fueling up. So I stopped and by god the gauge was right. Of course I must admit it was my first long criuse to the dragon tail for the Triumph Rat raid. That was back in the day when Triumph corporate sponsored Rat raids. I miss them functions, they were a blast. Now the best with all the added goodies is 38 but I am not complaining. If I remember right Art is still getting 40 on his Silver back. That is one of the good things about the power band being higher. Most people wonder why there fuel mileage is down after tuning the extra torque and power down low. They need to realise that in order to increase that bottom end you have to dump more fuel and there goes the mileage.

OK Boys, I be drooling at the thought of a Carp Job!
Could someone explain the practical riding differences between the 210 and the 275 versions in drongo terms?

I would dearly love to ride a bike with that sort of power and speed. BUT I need my license and I need daily transport. I need a bike that starts easily, first time every time, is a breeze in traffic and can get me out of trouble faster than it can get me into trouble. It's also nice to have a bike that gives me butterflies whenever I think about riding it, makes me smile every time I do ride it and can blow away pretty much anything I meet on the roads I ride. I'll keep mine as it is - except for that elusive exhaust.........

So, Ponters, when are you visiting???????

I would dearly love to ride a bike with that sort of power and speed. BUT I need my license and I need daily transport. I need a bike that starts easily, first time every time, is a breeze in traffic and can get me out of trouble faster than it can get me into trouble. It's also nice to have a bike that gives me butterflies whenever I think about riding it, makes me smile every time I do ride it and can blow away pretty much anything I meet on the roads I ride. I'll keep mine as it is - except for that elusive exhaust.........

So, Ponters, when are you visiting???????
Yep I know that feeling especially the part about blowing other bikes away on the roads :D Not sure about the starter problems I bought the heavier one a year ago but still have not installed it yet.

Last edited:
OK Boys, I be drooling at the thought of a Carp Job!
Could someone explain the practical riding differences between the 210 and the 275 versions in drongo terms?

Yes, whats the difference?

OH we had lots of problems with the V MAX and we all sold ours

IMFASTTOO, I pull a Camper, with the Wife and I with a 50lb Harley King Leather Tour-Pak on the back. Bottom end torque is important for me. How can Carp Racing help me?

As I understand it, the Carp additions help more with hp and top end. They help with low end but not as much comparatively.

As I understand it, the Carp additions help more with hp and top end. They help with low end but not as much comparatively.

Very true, but I'm sure Bob can build him a high torque motor if that's what he wants.

Back