Carpenterized Touring

YEP we can do whatever you want but there is no point in producing even more low end power as it is you cant open the throttle in the lower gears without doing a wheely SO ??

Didn't mean to presume, apologize for that. Your explanation reminded me of my harley that rolled on at 3500 and pulled til 6k (highest i went) and for me the lag was so worth the rush but I do agree many times I wished that power was down where i would keep my license if caught.
HEY we can give you power where you want it but we set it up for max accelleration ,cruising and good gas mileage

we set it up for max accelleration ,cruising and good gas mileage

I just don't want to lose any bottom end. I too have done the Harley thing. Afterward, I had great pull above 4k rpm, but 2500 to 4000, a mild tuned Harley would smoke me on roll ons.

I only get 35 mpg with just me and around 30 mpg loaded down for a trip.

Well, to be honest. I had as much or more torque below 3000 rpm with Jardines and a retune with TuneECU. But I'm happy with the Carpenter package.

Report back when you've tried it, by all means! :)

My takeaway on this thread is pretty much the opposite - it's a very interesting read and fun to play with the idea of going wild with the tuning, but then I realize that what I want from the bike is maximum grunt in the low end and no problems, which is exactly what Triumph did when they detuned it. :)

I've been playing with the idea of tuning etc a while now but I just don't think I need to. It's so rare that I even use all the power there is in the stock one, and the last thing I need is for the bike to be even thirstier on the week-long trips.

I guess if I were rich, I'd get a Roadster and Turbo the hell out of that thing just to have a toy, but for now I think I'm good.

The touring was designed to be a Harley look a like and thus take away some of the Harley customers. (Not a bad money making plan if you ask me.) So in order to get more of the Harley affect they had to detune some power away from it :D

Just joking around by the way :)

Most of the Carpenter bikes still get great fuel mileage in the criusing range thewy just are a monster when you turn it on. Mine however did lose a wee bit of fuel mileage as it criuses at 38 mpg all day long if I can keep my wrist uder control.

Well had the 210hp installed got her back in June still had the stock header with D&D slip-on's and what a difference, lost a little low end torque but made it up in the top end, wow. Received my carpenter exhaust on Saturday and installed it on
Monday now i think I need ear plugs as it's quite loud. (looking to install a baffle I think) Had her up to about 8200 rpm's today and all I can say is hold on because when you get in that power band above 4000 rpm's it turns into a rocket, lots of fun.

The stock Rockets have all the lowend power one needs and will wheely in 1st at part throttle so no point in adding even more lowend So we give you Hp where you can use it and win races with a strong top end rush where you need it for max performance

Back