Carpenterized Touring

Great post and informative. I'm a new R3T owner and slowly adding things to get the bike to where I want it. I'm happy with the stock power, acceleration, etc, but I would like pipes that match the appearance of the bike. Not looking to wake up the neighborhood when I come home at night but looking for some growl. You guys sould like you can give me some good advice, so any suggestions? Thanks!

I've had Jardines and Carpenter pipes on, both are VERY loud, so IDK myself, maybe someone else can help.

I've had Jardines and Carpenter pipes on, both are VERY loud, so IDK myself, maybe someone else can help.
Hey Chris while I am thinking about your bike and its messed up Transmission you should order a update kit for it. there is stuff in there that you will need anyway. second gear, updated spline bushings for the input transmission shaft, detent arm and spring, gear position sensor shaft sump and rear gaskets, rear out put bearings just in case. a whole bunch of goodies for 181.85 plus shipping. My shipping was 25 bucks. just a idea heck new plugs and wires cam cover bolt seals and the list goes on.

I've been meaning to, I jotted down the part number. Been recovering from my vacation financially, plus I'm leaving Friday for another with the wife, LOL.

I've been meaning to, I jotted down the part number. Been recovering from my vacation financially, plus I'm leaving Friday for another with the wife, LOL.
send me your e-mail and I will send you my contact that I order parts from maybe he will give you the same deal as he did me. no guarantees but I will let him know you might be contacting him about it. If you have a smart phone you can send it that way. I do not have one so I will respond back in a e-mail so you have it for your records.

Great post and informative. I'm a new R3T owner and slowly adding things to get the bike to where I want it. I'm happy with the stock power, acceleration, etc, but I would like pipes that match the appearance of the bike. Not looking to wake up the neighborhood when I come home at night but looking for some growl. You guys sould like you can give me some good advice, so any suggestions? Thanks!

I installed D@D Slip on, they are well made and the chrome is perfect. They are a bit louder than the TOR'S.(triumphs upgraded pipes with out cats) They are slant cut to match the angle of the bags. Very easy to install, no more gaskets to buy if u need to take the pipes off in the future. They also have a removable baffles, which will make it even louder. Drop a Tune ECU program in it and it will run even better. (30 more hp and 10 lb torque) I really like them. I can tell the bike is running with ear plugs in and my neighbors don't complain!!

fasteddysports.com/
$690 no tax free shipping comes with K&N filter
Check out this thread for mor detail http://www.r3owners.net/threads/d-d-slip-ons.20050/

"MPH, 9000 rpm is around 90 mph, at least as well as I could see the tach and the speedo, pulling that hard. I briefly saw 9200 rpm on the tach as it was cutting out spark." ....................... Do you have a special tacho? I thought they only went to 8000.

Last edited:
The stock Rockets have all the lowend power one needs and will wheely in 1st at part throttle so no point in adding even more lowend So we give you Hp where you can use it and win races with a strong top end rush where you need it for max performance

My R3T gets light in the front end with Power-Tripps down load, but never a wheelie. I only get around 35 MPG.

HEY we can give you power where you want it but we set it up for max acceleration ,cruising and good gas mileage

So, do you have stock vs Capenter 210 vs Carpenter 240 dyno graphs from 2000 up? Just trying to make an educated decision based on real data.

Back