Carpenterized Touring

One of our members had an insane build. I forget his handle, but in essence he said you can have too much power. I get what he means now. My bike, a wimpy one compared to many, is an outright handful. Unless you are drag racing, what you are considering is about what I’d say is about at the max for streetable, twisty riding. I’ve managed a thousand or so miles since build, and it’s still stuns me how hard this thing pulls once you get her wheels spinning! I managed to break the tire loose this week at over 100mph! Anything around 200 is serious fun! Even at the 155 hp I was previously at was very fun to ride!

Well said, Jeff!
I much appreciate your experienced candid comments!

An actual Nels dyno of your motor would be even better!
Cut n' paste tunes should be temporary, until a real dyno tune ASAP.
JMHO . . .
10-4 I’ve got a tuner in my area I think will do good, he keeps the bike 3 days and I just had to replace stator and couldn’t get it to him before mv, when I get back I will, thanks

10-4 I’ve got a tuner in my area I think will do good, he keeps the bike 3 days and I just had to replace stator and couldn’t get it to him before mv, when I get back I will, thanks

Smart man.
Pay attention and get a print of the initial run to compare to what he does.
Can your tuner do Tune ECU?

Last edited:
An actual Nels dyno of your motor would be even better!
Cut n' paste tunes should be temporary, until a real dyno tune ASAP.
JMHO . . .
Smart man.
Pay attention and get a print of the initial run to compare to what ge does.
Can your tuner do Tune ECU?
I will, he says he can, tnt in Lebanon tn

One of our members had an insane build. I forget his handle, but in essence he said you can have too much power. I get what he means now. My bike, a wimpy one compared to many, is an outright handful. Unless you are drag racing, what you are considering is about what I’d say is about at the max for streetable, twisty riding. I’ve managed a thousand or so miles since build, and it’s still stuns me how hard this thing pulls once you get her wheels spinning! I managed to break the tire loose this week at over 100mph! Anything around 200 is serious fun! Even at the 155 hp I was previously at was very fun to ride!
Loved your build, my son is also an a&p and we’ve talked a lot about your build, the torque things in particular and it was funny he said yeah that’s an old school gauge I use a digital one, lol young kids

Howdy Kevin,
I have eschewed Carp and will use cams, adjustable sprockets, pistons & tensioner from Neville. Many other mods will also be used from other sources then topped of with a Nels tune.
I am primarily a twisty guy any have decided that much more than 210 RWHP would not be useable for my 73 year old abilities and would cause my 35 year old attitude to overload my reduced abilities.

Who are you trying to bullshirt, I don't know anyone that could out ride you.

Back