Carpenterized Touring

I have them, they are a little rusty, as I ride all winter, I would let them go pretty cheap. It is just surface rust, would probably clean up

Tourings have no tach, Neville, I have a PC V with autotune and LCD display, tach is one of many things you can choose on the display.

Hmm, multiquote not working

Great post and informative. I'm a new R3T owner and slowly adding things to get the bike to where I want it. I'm happy with the stock power, acceleration, etc, but I would like pipes that match the appearance of the bike. Not looking to wake up the neighborhood when I come home at night but looking for some growl. You guys sould like you can give me some good advice, so any suggestions? Thanks!
I like the look of the stock pipes, so I went with the TORS, I am happy with them, not too loud, but it full sound. I have no neighbor complaints, but it did take Triumph 3 tries to send me 2 tors without dents in them, my dealer took a left from 1 order, and a right from the last one, their packaging is not very good.

Great post and informative. I'm a new R3T owner and slowly adding things to get the bike to where I want it. I'm happy with the stock power, acceleration, etc, but I would like pipes that match the appearance of the bike. Not looking to wake up the neighborhood when I come home at night but looking for some growl. You guys sould like you can give me some good advice, so any suggestions? Thanks!
The D&D slip-on's look good and sound good had a pair on mine but had the 210 package from Carpenter done so I bought the Carpenter exhaust maybe you would be interested in a used set.

YEP faster in 1st gear than some of those HDs are at top speed

I'd be very happy to see a dynochart for the Carpenter packages, showing 2000 rpm and up. Do you think you could provide one, ideally with the stock curve on it, as well?
I am still trying to sort out where I'm gonna go with my fat lady. Currently she is in stage 1 with Ramair, TORs and custom tune. Would be great to have a Carpenter bike in Europe... lots of Fazers and Beemers waiting for a lesson... :sneaky:

OK Boys, I be drooling at the thought of a Carp Job!
Could someone explain the practical riding differences between the 210 and the 275 versions in drongo terms?
Just researching these things, Carpenter builds, TTS builds its interesting seeing your post ( old post I realize) as ya mama I sure hope that is your bike that claviger is fixing to help you build, I’m looking forward to building the widow maker and look forward to how ya mama turns out, I sure hope that’s your bike I’m gonna feel real stuuupid if not I think you are planning on the 210 range with wide torque band, gonna be educational to follow

Just researching these things, Carpenter builds, TTS builds its interesting seeing your post ( old post I realize) as ya mama I sure hope that is your bike that claviger is fixing to help you build, I’m looking forward to building the widow maker and look forward to how ya mama turns out, I sure hope that’s your bike I’m gonna feel real stuuupid if not I think you are planning on the 210 range with wide torque band, gonna be educational to follow

Howdy Kevin,
I have eschewed Carp and will use cams, adjustable sprockets, pistons & tensioner from Neville. Many other mods will also be used from other sources then topped of with a Nels tune.
I am primarily a twisty guy any have decided that much more than 210 RWHP would not be useable for my 73 year old abilities and would cause my 35 year old attitude to overload my reduced abilities.

Howdy Kevin,
I have eschewed Carp and will use cams, adjustable sprockets, pistons & tensioner from Neville. Many other mods will also be used from other sources then topped of with a Nels tune.
I am primarily a twisty guy any have decided that much more than 210 RWHP would not be useable for my 73 year old abilities and would cause my 35 year old attitude to overload my reduced abilities.
be following with great expectation, 73 I mean 35 getting it done, bad a$$ sir

Howdy Kevin,
I love nels tune, that bob r put on tune ecu, it turned my touring into a beast, to me a beast

Howdy Kevin,
One of our members had an insane build. I forget his handle, but in essence he said you can have too much power. I get what he means now. My bike, a wimpy one compared to many, is an outright handful. Unless you are drag racing, what you are considering is about what I’d say is about at the max for streetable, twisty riding. I’ve managed a thousand or so miles since build, and it’s still stuns me how hard this thing pulls once you get her wheels spinning! I managed to break the tire loose this week at over 100mph! Anything around 200 is serious fun! Even at the 155 hp I was previously at was very fun to ride!

Back